Court quashes Haryana plot given to Subhash GhaiSeptember 11th, 2012 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 11 (IANS) Bollywood film-maker Subhash Ghai suffered another jolt Tuesday when the Punjab and Haryana High Court quashed the allotment of a plot allotted to him by the Haryana government for setting up a film and acting institute.
Ghai was ordered to return the 20-acre land in Badhsa village of Jhajjar district to the village council.
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice Jasbir Singh and Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain said that giving the village common land to Ghai was not serving any public purpose.
The court told the village council to return the over Rs.8 crore that it took from the film-maker’s company Mukta Arts in October 2010.
The controversial land is located about 50 km from Delhi. Ghai bought the land from the council after it passed a resolution to give him the village common land.
The Haryana government, headed by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, had permitted Ghai to purchase the land from the council.
- Subhash Ghai's Haryana plot cancelled (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Haryana villagers happy after Subhash Ghai's land allotment revoked - Sep 19, 2012
- Court stays Subhash Ghai's Haryana land deal - May 29, 2012
- Court orders stay on Subhash Ghai's project in Haryana - Feb 23, 2012
- Subhash Ghai gets relief in Haryana land case - Mar 16, 2012
- Haryana court reserves order on Subhash Ghai project - Mar 01, 2012
- AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village - May 31, 2012
- Verdict on Subhash Ghai's Haryana land deal March 16 - Mar 05, 2012
- Setback for Ghai in land allocation row (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- BJP wants Deshmukh to go over land row - Apr 05, 2012
- 'I feel cheated,' says Subhash Ghai (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- 'Subhash Ghai a liability by name, not an asset' - Apr 11, 2012
- State government cheated me, says Subhash Ghai - Apr 06, 2012
- Deshmukh challenges 'grave strictures' in apex court - Mar 01, 2012
- Ghai suffers setback over land allocation - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: acre land, allotment, chandigarh, chief justice, chief minister, common land, crore, division bench, film maker, haryana government, hooda, jain, jolt, mukta arts, public purpose, punjab and haryana high court, rakesh kumar, rs 8