Court order July 6 on ED plea to quizJuly 2nd, 2012 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 2 (IANS) A special court Monday reserved till July 6 its order on a petition by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for permission to question YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy in his illegal assets case.
The CBI court heard arguments of both the ED and Jaganmohan Reddy and reserved its orders till July 6.
Jagan, as the jailed MP from Kadapa is popularly known, filed an application opposing the ED petition.
He informed the court that he was no longer chairman or director of Jagati Publications and that the ED could question those appearing on behalf of the company.
Jagati Publications, which publishes Telugu daily ‘Sakshi’, reportedly received investments from firms based abroad in return for the favours doled out to them by the then government of Jagan’s father Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
The ED has already booked Jagan for alleged violation of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act and the Foreign Exchange Management Act.
The ED last week questioned industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, suspended Indian Administrative Service officer B.P. Acharya and another bureaucrat K.V. Brahmananda Reddy in Chanchalguda Central Jail here in the same case.
- ED plea to quiz Jagan: Court decision July 6 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Court allows ED to question Jagan for 14 days - Jul 06, 2012
- ED officials grills Jagan in jail - Jul 13, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan, two others in illegal assets case (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Jagan judicial custody extended till July 4 - Jun 25, 2012
- Jagan's second phase CBI custody ends - Jun 10, 2012
- 11 get bail in Jagan's illegal assets case - May 28, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day, summons two aides - Jun 05, 2012
- Jagan's judicial custody extended, complains of 'insult' (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Court posts orders on Jagan's bail plea to Friday - May 31, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for second day (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Court adjourns hearing on ED's plea in Jagan, OMC cases - Jun 07, 2012
- Andhra industrialist Prasad sent to jail (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Richest MP Jagan is now prisoner 6093 - May 28, 2012
- CBI to continue questioning Jagan Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
Tags: acharya, administrative service officer, brahmananda, bureaucrat, cbi court, central jail, congress party, enforcement directorate, favours, foreign exchange management, indian administrative service, industrialist, jagan, kadapa, management act, money laundering act, party leader, petition, plea, sakshi