Court notice to Dikshit, centre on Lokayukta reportAugust 13th, 2012 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday issued notice to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and the central government on a plea alleging that a Lokayukta report suggesting “cautioning” of Dikshit was “diluted”.
The report recommended issuance of “caution” to Dikshit for allegedly misrepresenting facts about the completion of 60,000 low-cost flats ahead of the 2008 assembly polls.
Petitioner Sunita Bhardwaj, an advocate, alleged that the competent authority (union home ministry) instead of “cautioning” Dikshit “diluted” the report of the Lokayukta and asked the city government officials to be more careful in future.
A division bench of Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice Vipin Sanghi issued notice to Dikshit, the Delhi government, the Lokayukta and the home ministry and sought their response within four weeks.
Bhardwaj sought the setting aside of an order of the competent authority that did not caution Dikshit and only asked the city government officials to be more careful.
Delhi Lokayukta July 18, 2011 sent a report to Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna, recommending the issuance of caution against Dikshit and advising her to be more careful while issuing statements for publication.
Despite knowing that the 60,000 flats were incomplete, Dikshit made the announcement that they were ready, the petition said.
- Delhi Lokayukta should answer on report: Sheila Dikshit - Mar 23, 2012
- Dikshit slams Lokayukta, calls his action 'motivated' - Mar 27, 2012
- Dikshit denies Lokayukta's allegation - Jul 22, 2011
- Lokayukta slams Delhi chief minister - Jul 18, 2011
- Dikshit assures action on CWG lapses - Feb 21, 2012
- Court issues notice over taxing internet-based firms (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Graft charges against Delhi minister: Sonia meets Shiela (Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
- Court allows IPL cricketer to sit for exam - May 15, 2012
- Court orders seizure of ex-armyman's revolver - Jun 06, 2012
- Delhi HC orders panel to submit report on banned pesticides - Aug 17, 2012
- Court allows rusticated MBBS student to sit for exam - Jun 08, 2012
- Karnataka assembly rocked over BJP attack on governor - Dec 07, 2011
- Court dismisses DLF plea (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Dikshit, DJB officers issued notice on water meters - Jun 04, 2012
- It's letter versus spirit of law in Karnataka (Karnataka Newsletter) - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: assembly polls, central government, chief minister, city government officials, competent authority, delhi government, delhi high court, division bench, issuance, kaul, kishan, lieutenant governor, lokayukta, petitioner, sanghi, sanjay, sheila dikshit, sunita, union home ministry, vipin