Court notice on Delhi’s illegal coloniesAugust 22nd, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 22 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the central and Delhi governments, the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and the civic agencies on a plea opposing a reported plan to regularise of the unauthorised colonies in the city.
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw asked them to file their reply by Sep 6, the next date of hearing.
The petition filed by H.R. Suri sought direction to the city government not to go ahead with the regularisation of the unauthorised colonies.
The court said if any order regarding regularisation of the unauthorized colonies was passed by any of the respondents before the next date of hearing, it would be liable to be quashed by it.
The petition said as per media reports published Aug 17, the Delhi government was going ahead to declare 917 unauthorised colonies as regularised, despite a related case pending before the court.
- Delhi High Court dismisses plea against regularising illegal colonies - Sep 12, 2012
- Notice to Delhi, central governments on unauthorised colonies - Feb 17, 2012
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Court declines plea on blocking of web pages - Sep 05, 2012
- Unauthorized construction: MCD must respond - Nov 02, 2011
- Delhi gets centre's nod to regularise 917 colonies - Aug 28, 2012
- Court clears Tendulkar's oath-taking in Rajya Sabha - May 16, 2012
- Delhi High Court directs DDA to take encroached land back - May 02, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles - Jul 19, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi over right to education (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Court tells DDA to give flat to man waiting for 30 years (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Civil services English paper has experts' nod, court told - Aug 22, 2012
- Why cap on SMSes, high court asks TRAI, government - Dec 07, 2011
- No rollback of court fee hike, Delhi tells court - Aug 28, 2012
- Build one lakh houses for poor: Kamal Nath - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: chief justice, city government, civic agencies, delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, delhi government, delhi high court, division bench, governments, New Delhi, petition, plea, rajiv, reply, respondents, sahai, suri, unauthorised colonies