Court notice on ads by political parties in powerMay 16th, 2012 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the central government on a petition alleging that political parties in power misused public funds by giving advertisements on the birth and death anniversaries of their leaders.
The division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice R.S. Endlaw sought a reply from the director general, Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity, of the central government by July 18.
The court’s order came on a petition by Umesh Sethi who claimed that he came to know through a right to information application that Rs.30 crore were spent by various ministries between 2009-11 on such advertisements.
- Court notice on ads by political parties in power (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles - Jul 19, 2012
- Civic agencies get court notice on illegal hookah bars - Aug 01, 2012
- Court notice over girls' admission to Delhi school - May 23, 2012
- Court notice on Delhi's illegal colonies - Aug 22, 2012
- Court notice over baba's magic remedy ads - May 16, 2012
- Court notice over girls' admission to Delhi school (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Court reserves order on exam to recruit police officers - Apr 11, 2012
- Plea on apex court judge's date of birth rejected (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Government reply sought on plea over bus corridor - Jan 19, 2012
- Delhi High Court stays court fee hike - Aug 09, 2012
- Hasten appointments in transparency panel: Court (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Plea on apex court lawyers dismissed (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: advertisements, birth and death, central government, chief justice, crore, death anniversaries, delhi high court, division bench, information application, New Delhi, petition, political parties, publicity, reply, sethi