Court issues warrant against KandaAugust 16th, 2012 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) A Delhi court here Thursday issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against Haryana’s former minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, accused of abetting the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Devender Kumar Jangala issued the NBW against Kanda, the victim’s employer, and fixed Aug 24 for hearing.
The court, meanwhile, sent Aruna Chaddha, senior executive in Kanda’s group and employee of his now-defunct MDLR Airlines, to judicial custody till Aug 30. She was arrested Aug 8.
Geetika, 23, was found hanging from the ceiling of her house in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar on the night of Aug 4-5. She left behind two suicide notes, blaming Kanda and Chaddha.
Charges of abetment to suicide and criminal intimidation were slapped on Kanda, whose anticipatory bail plea is pending in the Delhi High Court.
Kanda has not appeared before Delhi Police for questioning.
Geetika earlier worked as a flight attendant in the MDLR Airlines. After the airlines ceased to function in 2009, she was given a job in another company owned by Kanda.
According to Geetika’s brother, Gaurav Sharma, his sister was being constantly mentally harassed by Kanda and Chaddha.
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves bail application - Aug 31, 2012
- Chaddha's judicial custody extended till Sep 11 - Aug 30, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Chaddha's police custody extended by three days - Aug 13, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Second lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha sent to two days' police custody (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days - Aug 25, 2012
- Hearing on Aruna Chaddha's bail plea deferred - Sep 05, 2012
- Court rejects Aruna Chaddha's bail plea - Sep 07, 2012
- Kanda sent to judicial custody (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea for Chaddha's custody (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: abetment, ashok, bail plea, bailable, brother, criminal intimidation, delhi court, delhi high court, delhi police, flight attendant, gaurav sharma, haryana, judicial custody, left behind, magistrate, mdlr airlines, nbw, New Delhi, north delhi, suicide notes