Court issues warrant against former minister P.K. ThunganOctober 10th, 2008 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 10 (IANS) A court here Friday issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against former minister of state P.K.Thungan for his alleged involvement in misappropriating Rs. 30 million meant for an irrigation project in Nagaland. Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge R.K.Yadav issued the NBW against Thungan to be executed by Oct 20.
According to the CBI, Thungan connived with officials of Nagaland’s irrigation and flood control department in placing a bogus orders for sausage wire for a project during 1993-94.
Thungan was then minister of state for urban affairs and employment in the ministry of then prime minister P.V. Narasimha Rao.
Investigations revealed that no wire was supplied to the department but payments were made against bogus delivery, the CBI alleged.
Thungan contended that there were no specific allegations against him and the links in the chain of events to establish his guilt were missing.
Thungan sought the charges against him be dropped, and said the case should have been filed in Nagaland, where the alleged misappropriation occurred.
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- Warrant issued against former minister P.K.Thungan - Oct 10, 2008
- Cash-for-vote: Non-bailable warrant against Hindustani - Aug 14, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Third Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Fresh arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Appear in court March 24 or face arrest, Yeddyurappa told - Mar 05, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Court gives nod for graft case against former minister - Feb 21, 2009
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- 11 Uttarakhand cops surrender, sent to jail - Jun 05, 2012
- Court grants bail to former minister P.K. Thungan - Oct 20, 2008
- Sajjan Kumar's personal security officer suspended - Feb 25, 2010
- Don't harass politicians, Bengal officials told - Mar 24, 2011
- CWG trial set to begin Tuesday (Lead) - May 23, 2011