Court issues notice to Rajasthan BJP legislatorJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:35 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 4 (IANS) The Rajasthan High Court Wednesday issued notice to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Rajendra Singh Rathore on a plea against his discharge from the case of criminal Dara Singh’s alleged staged killing in 2006, a lawyer said.
The court sought his reply by July 10.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) filed a revision petition June 26 claiming that the agency had enough evidence to prove Rathore’s involvement in the alleged staged shootout.
The petition was filed after the district sessions court discharged the politician May 31 on the grounds of lack of evidence against him.
The CBI arrested Rathore April 5. Following the lower court’s decision he walked out of the Jaipur Central Jail. The case has so far seen the arrest of 11 policemen.
Dara Singh’s wife Sushila Devi had also filed a similar revision petition in the high court June 28. The court clubbed together her and the CBI’s petitions.
“The Rajasthan High Court has issued notice to Rathore. He will have to submit a reply by July 10,” said Sushila Devi’s lawyer S.K. Sinha.
The alleged staged shootout by police’s special operations group took place on the outskirts of Jaipur Oct 23, 2006.
Those arrested in the case include two Indian Police Service (IPS) officers.
- Rajasthan lawmaker discharged in staged shootout case - May 31, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator to get special facilities in jail (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Jailed BJP legislator alleges ill-treatment - Apr 25, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator to get special facilities in jail - Apr 13, 2012
- Rajasthan police officer denied bail in Dara Singh killing - Aug 22, 2012
- Court rejects senior Rajasthan police officer's bail plea - Apr 27, 2012
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012
- Dara Singh case: BJP leader named in charge sheet - Jun 03, 2011
- Two Rajasthan cops surrender in Dara Singh killing - Jul 30, 2012
- Rajasthan IPS official's bail rejected - Jul 16, 2012
- Custody of five Rajasthan Police officers extended - May 26, 2011
- BJP protesters clash with police in Jaipur - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, central jail, dara singh, indian police service, july 4, lack of evidence, lawyer, legislator, outskirts, petition, plea, policemen, politician, rajasthan high court, rathore, reply, sessions, special operations group