Court issues non-bailable warrant against YSR’s sonMay 11th, 2009 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 11 (IANS) A court in Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur district Monday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, son of Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy, for violation of model code of conduct during the election campaign last month.
The Narsaraopet first class additional magistrate issued the warrant after police informed the court that the chief minister’s son was still at large and had not filed a petition for bail.
The police had booked a case against Jaganmohan Reddy and 16 others April 9 for holding a road show after the 10 p.m. deadline.
While the rest of the accused surrendered before the court and obtained bail, Jaganmohan Reddy did not do so, prompting the magistrate to issue the arrest warrant.
Jaganmohan Reddy, a businessman, is also the Congress candidate from Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency.
- CBI arrests industrialist Prasad, IRS officer in Jagan case (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others - Mar 31, 2012
- Jagan judicial custody extended till July 4 - Jun 25, 2012
- Former Andhra minister sent to jail - May 30, 2012
- Jagan's judicial custody extended till June 25 - Jun 11, 2012
- Jagan's aide again released on bail - Apr 30, 2012
- CBI files second charge sheet in Jagan assets case - Apr 23, 2012
- Court refuses anticipatory bail to Jagan - May 24, 2012
- Jagan's judicial custody extended, complains of 'insult' (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- CBI arrests industrialist Prasad in Jagan case - May 15, 2012
- Jagan to appear before CBI today - May 25, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - May 25, 2012
- High court refuses to cancel Jagan aide's bail (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Jagan aide Vijay Sai Reddy gets bail - Apr 13, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case - May 27, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, arrest warrant against, businessman, chief minister, code of conduct, congress candidate, election campaign, guntur district, hyderabad, kadapa, Lok Sabha, magistrate, model code, petition, sabha constituency