Court dismisses plea against Sonia, RajnathNovember 24th, 2008 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 24 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday turned down a petition seeking legal action against Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh and a private news channel that had telecast an allegedly mileading news programme. Justice G.S. Sistani refused to issue any notice and dismissed the petition by Dhir Singh, who is chairman of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) implementation committee in Delhi state.
Santosh Kumar Suman, counsel for the petitioner, urged the court to issue directions to electronic and print media not to make any comments in favour of any political party and candidates before declaration of the elections result.
The Delhi assembly election will take place Nov 29.
- Delhi court issues summons to MCD councillor - Jun 15, 2012
- Delhi University gets court notice on dalits' admission (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Varun Gandhi gets apex court notice for poll speeches - Dec 02, 2011
- Frivolous plea against PM costs lawyer Rs.1 lakh - Aug 30, 2011
- Mentally ill can't be hanged, Bhullar tells apex court - Nov 09, 2011
- Court issues notice to defence secretary, IAF - Sep 10, 2010
- Apex court notice on plea on Rajya Sabha polls in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Ketan Desai's election to Gujarat University senate challenged - Mar 28, 2011
- Court sets aside Andhra legislator's election - Nov 22, 2010
- SC issues notice to CBI on Essar Teleholdings' petition (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Apex court calls for files of 18 mercy pleas (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Court notice over baba's magic remedy ads - May 16, 2012
- Court reserves order on MCD polls (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Plea on Jamia Milia students union poll withdrawn (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Supreme Court to hear Rajiv killers' plea Oct 19 - Oct 11, 2011