Court decision April 27 on Bangaru Laxman graft caseApril 22nd, 2012 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 22 (IANS) A Delhi court will April 27 deliver its judgment in a 10-year-old graft case against former Bharatiya Janata Party president Bangaru Laxman for allegedly accepting a bribe from a fake arms dealer.
Additional Sessions Judge Kanwaljeet Arora had April 2 reserved his order in the case.
The case dates back to 2001, when Tehelka.com carried out “Operation Westend”, a sting that exposed the scandal.
Laxman was allegedly caught on camera receiving money from an undercover journalist, posing as an arms dealer. He later resigned as the BJP chief.
Tehelka released the sting CDs allegedly showing Laxman accepting money for awarding a contract to a fictitious Britian-based company M/s West End International, for the supply of hand-held thermal imagers to the Indian Army.
A Delhi court May 2011 framed corruption charges against Laxman.
The Central Bureau of Investigation in its charge sheet alleged that Laxman accepted Rs.1 lakh from the representatives of the purported firm in 2001 at his office for pursuing their proposal to supply certain products to the army.
“Tehelka portal scribes, impersonating as representatives of West End International, had held eight meetings with Laxman between Dec 23, 2000 and Jan 7, 2001, projecting themselves as suppliers of defence-related products,” said the chargesheet.
- Court decision in Bangaru Laxman graft case Friday - Apr 26, 2012
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for bribery, sentencing Saturday (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for taking bribe (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for bribery, sentencing Saturday (Third Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman sentenced to four years' jail (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Bangaru's conviction a vindication for Tehelka: Editor - Apr 27, 2012
- Court decision in Bangaru Laxman sting April 27 - Apr 04, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman gets four years' jail for bribery (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman: A chronology of corruption case - Apr 27, 2012
- CBI response sought on Bangaru Laxman's plea against trial - Jun 08, 2011
- Bangaru Laxman convicted for taking bribe - Apr 27, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman appeals against jail term - May 09, 2012
- Jaya Jaitley allowed to retain passport - Jul 12, 2012
- Jaitley moves court to retain passport - Jul 02, 2012
- CBI issued notice on Bangaru Laxman's appeal - May 11, 2012
Tags: 1 lakh, arora, bharatiya janata party, bjp chief, bribe, central bureau of investigation, corruption charges, court decision, delhi court, graft case, indian army, jan 7, kanwaljeet, New Delhi, party president, scandal, scribes, sting, thermal imagers, west end