Court allows Yeddyurappa to travel outside BangaloreAugust 14th, 2012 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 14 (IANS) The Karnataka High Court Tuesday permitted former chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa, an accused in the mining bribery case, to travel out of Bangalore.
Relaxing conditions of anticipatory bail granted to him in the case being probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Justice Subash Adi accepted Yeddyurappa’s plea after he submitted an affidavit that he would make himself available for questioning.
The Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP’s) first chief minister in Karnataka sought relaxation of the condition on the ground that he wanted to tour drought-hit areas of the state.
While granting anticipatory bail June 21, the high court barred Yeddyurappa from going out of Bangalore without its permission.
Besides Yeddyurappa, his two sons, BJP Lok Sabha member B.Y. Raghavendra and B.Y. Vijayendra, as well as son-in-law R.N. Sohan Kumar are also accused in the case, which the CBI is probing on the direction of the Supreme Court.
- Yeddyurappa gets anticipatory bail in graft case - Jun 21, 2012
- Yeddyurappa, kin get anticipatory bail in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Yeddyurappa's anticipatory bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Yeddyurappa relieved over anticipatory bail - Jun 21, 2012
- SC refuses to interfere with Yeddyurappa's anticipatory bail (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- CBI grills Yeddyurappa in mining bribery case - Jul 08, 2012
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail as graft case adjourned (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- Yeddyurappa told to appear in court in corruption case - Feb 04, 2012
- Anticipatory bail for Yeddyurappa in another graft case - Nov 29, 2011
- Yeddyurappa granted anticipatory bail in graft case - Sep 15, 2011
- Jaitley reaching Bangalore on trouble-shooting mission (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Yeddyurappa seeks anticipatory bail in graft cases - Aug 16, 2011
- Another probe ordered against Yeddyurappa - Oct 26, 2011
- Appear in court March 24 or face arrest, Yeddyurappa told - Mar 05, 2012
- Yeddyurappa faces another graft case - Oct 19, 2011
Tags: adi, affidavit, bharatiya janata party, bjp, bribery case, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, june 21, karnataka high court, lok sabha member, plea, raghavendra, relaxation, sohan, subash, supreme court