Country will come out of political crisis: Nepal presidentJanuary 28th, 2011 - 3:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 28 (IANS) An ongoing political crisis in his country notwithstanding, Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav Friday expressed confidence that the Himalayan country would emerge successfully out of it.”Everything is going on well. We are in the peace process. If there is a problem, we will come out of the problem,” Yadav told media persons on the sidelines of the 177th foundation day celebrations of the Calcutta Medical College here.
Yadav, a former physician, studied at the Calcutta Medical College for his medical degree, following it up with an advanced degree at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh.
A political crisis continues to grip Nepal more than seven months after prime minister Madhav Kumar Nepal resigned — the country’s parliament has failed, despite 16 rounds of vote, to find his successor.
The parliamentarians have failed two deadlines set by Yadav earlier this month for an all-party government — and now the South Asian nation’s warring parties will slug it out again next month during a fresh round of prime ministerial election Feb 3.
The ongoing crisis also makes it doubtful if Nepal will be able to proclaim a new constitution by May 28, a task it should have completed last year but failed due to the political turmoil.
- Nepal has drawn inspiration from India: Ram Baran Yadav (Lead) - Jan 28, 2011
- Nepal parties seek more time to form government - Jan 21, 2011
- Nepal President to meet PM next week - Jan 27, 2011
- Nepal President arrives on a ten-day state visit to India - Jan 27, 2011
- Nitish Kumar meets Nepal President - Feb 03, 2011
- After 33 years, it's 'homecoming' for Nepal president - Jan 28, 2011
- Nepal President meets SM Krishna - Feb 02, 2011
- Nepal President to arrive in India - Jan 27, 2011
- Nepal President extends deadline for new government (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Kolkata college readies red carpet for old boy - Nepal's president - Jan 25, 2011
- Nepal President recounts association with Kolkata - Jan 28, 2011
- India's life-saving gift gathers dust in Nepal - Nov 09, 2010
- Nepal president to visit alma mater in Chandigarh - Jan 17, 2011
- Nepal to hold fresh PM election Feb 3 - Jan 27, 2011
- Nepal president to visit China Oct 31 - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: baran, calcutta, foundation day, graduate institute, himalayan country, kolkata, madhav, media persons, medical college, medical degree, medical education, parliamentarians, party government, peace process, political crisis, political turmoil, post graduate, seven months, south asian nation, yadav