Country Protests Arizona Immigration LawApril 29th, 2010 - 8:09 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Phoenix, Arizona, Apr 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Arizona Immigration Law is facing quite a lot of opposition from all sides. The law had been passed on this week by the Governor of Arizona. The law gives the authorities in Arizona the latitude to check the papers and investigate into the lives of any citizen they believe to be illegally residing in the United States of America. The law is coming under fire from the other states of the country, as it is believed that it might lead to racial discrimination, and that it might also lead to unnecessary harassment of people who live following all the legal rules.
The fact that the law is being widely condemned can be ascertained from the fact that even some of the Republicans have spoken against it, who are generally known to have professed a better control of the huge amount of immigrants that enter the United States very year. It has also been widely opposed by the people of the country, who have embarked upon many a protest rally all over the country. The situation has even led the President Barack Obama to ask the bill to be reviewed and reformed, if required.
The Governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer, however, has claimed that it was imperative to pass the bill as the problem of immigration in the country keeps increasing and there hardly seems to be any effective measure taken to solve the problem. She blamed the federal government, saying that they hardly did anything to ‘fix the problem.’ However, her statement does not seem to have had any effect, as it is being condemned by the rest of the country vehemently, including some of the Republican Senators.
- Arizona Governor vetoes presidential 'birther bill' - Apr 19, 2011
- Jindal will sign "birther bill" if passed by Louisiana legislature - Apr 20, 2011
- Obama slams controversial Arizona immigration bill over 'racial profiling' fears - Apr 24, 2010
- South Asians fear racial profiling over US court ruling - Jun 26, 2012
- Arizona passes "birther bill," seeks Obama's birth proof ahead of 2012 poll - Apr 17, 2011
- US state enacts strict illegal immigration law - Apr 24, 2010
- Illegal Aliens Called 'Drug Mules' By Arizona Governor, Controversy Sparks - Jun 28, 2010
- Mexico Files Suit Against Arizona Over Immigration Law - Jun 23, 2010
- New York City Council and other advocates denounce new Arizona Immigration Law - Apr 30, 2010
- Lawsuits Launched To Confront The Controversial Immigration Law Of Arizona - Apr 30, 2010
- Arizona Gov. Brewer announces appointment of counsel to defend immigration laws - May 26, 2010
- Arizona to ban abortion based on gender or race - Mar 31, 2011
- Arizona Law Leads To Massive Protest And Lawsuits - Apr 30, 2010
- Arizona Gov. Brewer "disappointed" by judge ruling on new immigration law - Jul 29, 2010
- US sues Arizona over controversial immigration law - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,