Country heading towards another Emergency, says BJPMay 25th, 2012 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) The BJP Friday anticipated the imposition of another Emergency in the country, saying the situation was similar to the pre-emergency era of 1974.
“The situation of 1974 has been recreated,” senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Gopinath Munde said at the party’s national executive meeting here.
“At that time, the problem was of unemployment and poverty. The government could not bring the situation under control and imposed Emergency (in 1975),” he said.
“A similar situation has re-emerged as the government is not able to handle the crisis brought by inflation, corruption, Naxalism and terrorism,” he said.
On the second day of the meeting, the BJP passed a political resolution, blaming the United Progressive Alliance government for what it called policy paralysis.
“If common man feels cheated and victimised, if farmers are committing suicide, if industrial production is down, if unemployment is rising and there is rampant corruption which keeps on manifesting with alarming regularity, if there is overpowering gloom and despair because of rank misrule and mal-governance of the Congress-led UPA government, then BJP has a duty towards the suffering people of the country to articulate their concern and it will continue to do so with determination,” the resolution said.
- BJP to take coal block issue to people - Sep 01, 2012
- BJP planning JP-like agitation against corruption, inflation - Feb 15, 2011
- BJP resolution against Mayawati government - Oct 29, 2011
- PM doesn't know what's going on in his office: Munde - Mar 04, 2011
- BJP holds rally against 'mafia rule' in Maharashtra - Mar 14, 2011
- BJP calls emergency meet to discuss Munde issue - Jun 20, 2011
- Munde won't leave party, say BJP leaders - Jun 21, 2011
- Shutdown near-total in Mumbai, most of Maharashtra (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- BJP will target crime in Uttar Pradesh polls, says Uma Bharti - Jun 22, 2011
- Maharashtra opposition parties plan rally Thursday - Jun 08, 2011
- Opposition leaders to tour Maharashtra for show of might - May 24, 2011
- BJP to meet Jharkhand governor at 7 p.m. (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2010
- BJP to withdraw support to Jharkhand government at 5 p.m. (Lead) - Apr 29, 2010
- Congress keeping Goa illegal mining report under wraps: Munde - Feb 26, 2012
- BJP slams Sonia Gandhi's comments - May 09, 2012
Tags: alarming regularity, alliance government, bjp, committing suicide, common man, despair, executive meeting, farmers, gloom, imposition, inflation, naxalism, party leader, policy paralysis, political resolution, poverty, progressive alliance, rampant corruption, situation under control, unemployment