Corruption, price rise, power cuts are poll issues: JayalalithaaMarch 26th, 2011 - 1:22 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 25 (IANS) AIADMK general secretary J. Jayalalithaa Friday said corruption, price rise and power cuts are the major issues in the Tamil Nadu assembly polls slated for April 13.
Speaking to reporters in Tiruchirapalli, where she is campaigning for her front, Jayalalithaa said rise in prices of essential items, corruption and power cuts in the state are the major poll issues.
Earlier addressing an election rally in Tiruchirapalli, around 335 km from here, Jayalalithaa charged Tamil Nadu Chief Minsiter and DMK president M.Karunanidhi of taking steps that increased the prices of essential items.
She said Karunanidhi encouraged smuggling of rice and supported increase in the prices of petrol, kerosene, diesel and cooking gas.
- Tamil Nadu freebie wars: AIADMK ups DMK's promises - Mar 24, 2011
- Campaigning in Tamil Nadu ends Monday - Apr 10, 2011
- Jayalalithaa has no right to talk of law and order: DMK - Apr 03, 2011
- Jayalalithaa urges people to vote DMK out - Aug 14, 2010
- Campaigning ends in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry - Apr 11, 2011
- Dravidian land all set for battle for power (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 11, 2011
- CPI-M candidates for Tamil Nadu assembly poll announced - Mar 22, 2011
- Kanimozhi should not get concessions: Jayalalithaa - May 24, 2011
- Price rise, corruption, DMK misrule to be poll focus: Jayalalithaa - Jan 19, 2011
- Virtual tools in Tamil Nadu's real political battle - Mar 08, 2011
- DMK most corrupt government: Jayalalithaa - Apr 13, 2011
- AIADMK sweeps Tamil Nadu civic polls - Oct 22, 2011
- Jayalalithaa: Tamil Nadu's iron woman is chief minister once more - May 13, 2011
- Jayalalithaa condemns petrol price hike - Jan 17, 2011
- Jayalalithaa to take on DMK ahead of next year's assembly polls - Jul 21, 2010