Corruption allegations against me baseless, says AnnaAugust 14th, 2011 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 14 (IANS) Terming the government’s allegations of corruption against him as “baseless and false”, social activist Anna Hazare Sunday dared the government to start a probe against him and said he will continue his fast until the charges are proved wrong.
“The government has made false allegations against me. The government so far had targeted all members of the civil society, including Shanti and Prashant Bhushan, Justice Santosh Hegde and Arvind Kejriwal, but me. Today they have targeted me,” Hazare told reporters here.
The Congress Sunday targeted the 74-year-old activist, saying he was “neck deep in corruption” and has no right to talk about evading corruption.
“They (government) are liars and I am challenging the government to register a police complaint against me and start an inquiry. I am not afraid of any inquiry. I have decided that I will continue my fast till the false allegations against me are proven wrong,” he said.
Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari made the corruption allegations against Hazare citing the Justice Sawant Committee report that probed the trusts run by him.
Quoting the Justice Sawant panel report, Hazare said that nowhere has the report taken his name.
- Hazare dares government to prove graft allegations (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Prove graft allegations, Hazare dares government (Second Lead) - Aug 15, 2011
- Government, Team Hazare in major confrontation - Aug 15, 2011
- Hazare accuses Congress of vendetta politics - Aug 15, 2011
- Hazare neck deep in corruption, alleges Congress (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Congress takes potshots at Hazare - Jul 19, 2011
- Manish Tewari expresses regret to Hazare - Aug 25, 2011
- Hazare writes to PM on fast from Aug 16 (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Graft shadow over Lokpal panel; Civil society backs Bhushans (Intro Roundup) - Apr 22, 2011
- Two Team Anna members quit, Bedi denies cracks (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2011
- Anna himself involved in corruption, says Congress - Aug 14, 2011
- Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna: Court (Second Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Lokpal panelists reject resignation demand; PM says bill in July (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2011
- Pawar hits back at Hazare, but asks partymen to be calm - Dec 07, 2011
- Government spreading lies about Anna: Kejriwal - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, bhushan, committee report, congress, corruption allegations, false allegations, justice sawant, liars, manish, New Delhi, police complaint, prashant, santosh, shanti, social activist, spokesperson, trusts