Cooperate for development, Jayalalithaa saysMay 16th, 2012 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 16 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa Wednesday sought the cooperation of all political parties to develop the state.
Speaking in the assembly on the first anniversary of her AIADMK government, she also appealed for their support to reinforce the state’s rights vis-a-vis the central government.
She thanked both those who praised her government for its achievements in the past one year and others who listed the shortcomings.
Referring to the power situation, Jayalalithaa said her government was taking necessary steps so that Tamil Nadu does not suffer from electricity shortages.
She said when she took office in May 2011, she inherited a government laden with debt and poor administration and finances.
She also faulted what she said was the indifference of the central government to Tamil Nadu.
She said her her government listened to constructive suggestions from the opposition and added that the opposition should not oppose government schemes and policies blindly.
- AIADMK to support Jaswant Singh - Aug 06, 2012
- AIADMK is BJP's natural ally: Advani - Jan 15, 2012
- Blazing a trail, Jayalalithaa fires salvo at Chidambaram, Maran (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2011
- Jayalalithaa springs surprise, attacks Chidambaram (Intro Roundup) - Jun 14, 2011
- Jayalalithaa writes to PM over kerosene allocation - May 25, 2012
- AIADMK government to present its first budget Thursday - Aug 04, 2011
- PM arrives in Chennai, Jayalalithaa raises Mullaperiyar (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- India non-committal on Sri Lanka 'war crimes' (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- Manmohan Singh warmly welcomed in Chennai - Dec 25, 2011
- AIADMK will decide next PM candidate, says Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Power situation to improve from June: Jayalalithaa - Feb 04, 2012
- Jayalalithaa, Patnaik bond, stress cooperation among states - May 11, 2012
- Jayalalithaa to discuss Sri Lanka with PM (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Corruption a major issue in Tamil Nadu - Apr 02, 2011
- Centre forced to announce cyclone relief funds: Jayalalithaa - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: anniversary, central government, chief minister, constructive suggestions, cooperation, electricity shortages, government schemes, indifference, j jayalalithaa, necessary steps, opposition, political parties, poor administration, power situation, shortcomings