Congress’s new Madhya Pradesh leaders attack BJP chiefApril 28th, 2011 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, April 28 (IANS) After newly-appointed Congress Madhya Pradesh chief Kantilal Bhuria, it was the new leader of opposition Ajay Singh who Thursday attacked the state Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) unit chief Prabhat Jha for being an outsider.
“We have an aim to have a Congress government in Madhya Pradesh in 2013 and we will send back Prabhat Jha to Bihar, from where he comes,” Ajay Singh, the son of late Congress leader Arjun Singh, told reporters in Satna on Thursday.
Jha, who was also in Satna to attend a function, however, dismissed Ajay Singh as a “weak leader”.
“We will again win the assembly polls (in 2013) as we had in 2008. He (Ajay Singh) is a weak leader and could not do anything to improve the Congress’s condition in the state,” he said.
Union Tribal Affairs Minister Bhuria, who was appointed state chief earlier this month, had then said Jha was an “outsider”, who could not understand the needs of Madhya Pradesh.
- BJP bribed press for Advani roadshow, claims Congress - Oct 15, 2011
- IPS officer killing: Congress calls shutdown Tuesday - Mar 09, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh bypoll turns prestige issue for Congress, BJP - Jun 24, 2011
- Congress protests remarks by BJP leaders on ministers - May 23, 2011
- BJP MP seeks mercy killing over inflation - Jun 27, 2011
- Congress protests Madhya Pradesh's fertiliser, power shortage (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Congress highlights farmers plight in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 09, 2012
- Kantilal Bhuria new chief of Congress in Madhya Pradesh - Apr 07, 2011
- Ajay Singh is Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh assembly - Apr 13, 2011
- Photo shows BJP leader with Masood murder accused - Mar 01, 2012
- BJP minister complains to Sonia over Bhuria's remarks - Nov 19, 2011
- BJP leader seeks 'death by wish' over price rise (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- You cannot ignore Digvijay Singh - Jun 26, 2011
- Digvijay accuses Madhya Pradesh chief minister of land grab - Mar 28, 2012
- BJP wins one seat in Madhya Pradesh by-polls - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: affairs minister, aim, ajay singh, arjun singh, assembly polls, congress government, congress leader, leader of opposition, madhya pradesh, outsider, prabhat jha, satna, state chief, tribal affairs