Congress workers unhappy with Trinamool seat-sharing deal: DasmunsiMarch 9th, 2009 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 9 (IANS) West Bengal Congress MLA Deepa Dasmunsi, the wife of union Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi, Monday claimed that grassroot party workers were unhappy with the seat-sharing deal with the Trinamool Congress.
“From what we’ve heard so far about the seat-sharing deal with the Trinamool Congress in the state, it seems it will be really tough for us to win in those constituencies. Our party workers at the grassroot level are not very happy with this seat adjustment deal,” Dasmunsi said.
“We’ve already forwarded the matter to All Indian Congress Committee (AICC) president Sonia Gandhi informing her about the discontent among party workers,” she added.
Dasmunsi, however, said the Congress was willing to join hands with the Trinamool for the Lok Sabha elections in the state.
“We hope the party high command will shortly take a decision on the issue keeping in mind the interests of the party workers,” she said.
Dasmunsi earlier voiced discontent over the alliance with the Trinamool, and even demanded an apology from Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee for her alleged disparaging remarks about state Congress president Pranab Mukherjee.
On March 1, the Congress and the Trinamool announced they would fight the elections together against the ruling Left Front, but an acceptable seat sharing formula has eluded the two parties which are still engaged in hard bargaining over some constituencies.
- Trinamool, Congress seal seat-sharing deal for Bengal polls (Intro Roundup) - Mar 22, 2011
- Congress says it allied with Trinamool for good reasons - Apr 21, 2011
- Independent legislator joins Trinamool - Mar 24, 2012
- No alliance in my constituency: Deepa Dasmunsi - May 17, 2009
- Congress, Trinamool reach accord for Bengal polls (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- Congress slams Trinamool, says it can go alone in Bengal - Sep 12, 2012
- Congresss-Trinamool attempt to resolve seat-sharing imbroglio - Mar 13, 2011
- Trinamool and Congress split by-poll seats 7:3 - Oct 14, 2009
- Artists, singers, actors in Trinamool list - Mar 18, 2011
- Independent legislator set to join Trinamool - Feb 08, 2012
- NCP forges alliance with Trinamool, gets one seat - Mar 23, 2011
- Jolted by Trinamool, Congress to wait for Sonia's return (Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- Trinamool names 228 candidates, leaves 64 seats for Congress (Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- Congress asks Bengal unit to settle issues with Trinamool - Jan 06, 2012
- Mamata names 228 candidates, leaves 64 seats for Congress - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: aicc, congress committee, congress mla, congress president, congress workers, deepa, discontent, grassroot level, indian congress, kolkata, lok sabha elections, mamata banerjee, pranab mukherjee, priya ranjan, seat adjustment, sonia gandhi, state congress, trinamool congress, union minister, west bengal