Congress will not support any other front: AntonyApril 3rd, 2009 - 3:50 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 3 (IANS) Defence Minister A.K. Antony Friday said the Congress will not support any other front after the Lok Sabha polls.
Antony, who is on a state-wide tour to campaign for the Congress-led United Democratic Front, said: “No one other than Manmohan Singh will get the support of the Congress party for the post of prime minister. This is for certain. We are confident that we will be the winners and will form the next government. The other parties can come and support us.”
He added that only the Congress can form a stable central government.
“The Congress has decided that we will not ally at a national level with any party. It is only the Congress which is contesting in all the states. Can you tell me one more party (of the United Progressive Alliance) which is doing that?” Antony said.
On the Third Front, he said: “It’s is just a dream and everyone is free to dream.”
- Antony campaigns, showers praise on Chandy government - May 29, 2012
- Karunakaran: A colossus who rubbed shoulders with Nehru, Indira (Obituary) - Dec 23, 2010
- Karuanakaran's absence a huge loss, says Muraleedharan - Apr 02, 2011
- 70 million hold key in three states Wednesday (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 12, 2011
- Oommen Chandy sworn in as Kerala chief minister (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Chandy, Chennithala to name Congress candidates - Mar 12, 2011
- Polling proceeds smoothly in Kerala (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- 91-year-old JSS leader creates Kerala poll history - Mar 18, 2011
- Congress smells power, CPI-M fighting hard (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 11, 2011
- Muraleedharan set to return to Congress fold - Feb 15, 2011
- Tension within the ranks haunt UDF and LDF too (Kerala Newsletter) - Aug 17, 2012
- Three leaders desert UDF camp in Kerala - Mar 21, 2011
- Cabinet berths for Congress' Kerala allies - May 16, 2011
- We won't join UPA, but help it pass budget: SP - Mar 24, 2012
- Former Kerala minister Pillai to contest from jail - Mar 22, 2011