Congress will be routed in Hisar: surveyOctober 12th, 2011 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 12 (IANS) The Congress is set for a “comprehensive defeat” in Thursday’s Hisar Lok Sabha by-election in Haryana where Team Anna is campaigning against the party, according to an opinion poll.
The LensOnNews pre-poll survey said the Congress was expected to finish third, with the Haryana Janhit Congress-Bharatiya Janata Party candidate Kuldeep Bishnoi tipped to win comfortably.
Indian National Lok Dal’s (INLD) Ajay Chautala would be “a distant runner-up”, the survey said. The Congress candidate is Jai Prakash.
The survey was carried out Oct 8 and 9 across six of the nine assembly segments of Hisar constituency among a representative 593 voters. The poll findings carry a margin of error of five percent.
Team Anna has urged Hisar voters to hand a “historic defeat” to the Congress for not supporting the Jan Lokpal Bill proposed by Anna Hazare.
Hazare confidant Arvind Kejriwal hails from Hisar and has been carrying on high-voltage campaign against the Congress, distributing handbills and CDs containing Anna’s personal appeal.
Corruption has evidently become a huge issue in the by-election, the survey said. Asked if they were aware of Hazare’s call to vote against the Congress, 84 percent interviewed answered in the affirmative.
- Hisar votes Thursday in a crucial by-election - Oct 12, 2011
- We're treating Hisar as a referendum: Kejriwal - Oct 09, 2011
- In Anna wave, Congress, Hooda have back to wall - Oct 11, 2011
- Give Congress a historic defeat in Hisar: Team Anna - Oct 08, 2011
- Bishnoi races towards victory in Hisar, Congress third - Oct 17, 2011
- Internal sabotage led to Hisar defeat: Haryana Congress - Oct 21, 2011
- No public discussion on letter to Sonia: Congress - Oct 21, 2011
- By-poll results Monday; all eyes on Hisar amid Hazare's 'maun vrat' - Oct 16, 2011
- Campaigning for Hisar by-poll ends - Oct 11, 2011
- Hisar election is historic for India: Gadkari - Oct 09, 2011
- Hisar's main contestants record massive hike in properties - Oct 12, 2011
- Hisar turnout over 70 percent, all by-polls peaceful (Roundup) - Oct 13, 2011
- Congress denies Anna impact in Hisar - Oct 17, 2011
- Bypolls for two Haryana assembly seats Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- Poll panel to keep eye on cash flow in Hisar - Sep 19, 2011
Tags: ajay, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, bharatiya janata party, chautala, confidant, congress candidate, handbills, haryana, high voltage, inld, kuldeep bishnoi, Lok Sabha, margin of error, opinion poll, party candidate, personal appeal, poll findings, poll survey, prakash