Congress walks out in Chhattisgarh house over girl’s killingDecember 23rd, 2011 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Dec 23 (IANS) Opposition Congress members staged a walk-out Friday from the Chhattisgarh assembly, alleging that a poor minor tribal girl was killed by several policemen in a staged shoot-out after being gang-raped.
“The (Bharatiya Janata Party) government is shielding the culprits in Surguja district where police murdered a minor tribal girl in July this year after a gang-rape,” Congress member T.S. Singhdeo said in the assembly during question hour.
Though Home Minister Nanki Ram Kanwar said that a judicial probe was going on into the girl’s killing and the government would act strongly on basis of the report, the opposition raised slogans against an alleged string of killings of innocent civilians in Maoist areas in staged shoot-outs during the BJP regime.
The Congress, which has 39 legislator in the 90-member, strongly supported Singhdeo and its members staged a walkout raising slogans demanding a stop to “killing of tribals in fake shoot-outs”.
A group of policemen posted at Chando police station in Surguja had gunned down a 16-year-old Meena Khalkho July 6 this year, branding her a dreaded Maoist.
But later the killing issue was handed over to one-member judicial commission after hundreds of local residents held a series of rallies and sought arrest of more than 24 policemen who were accused of the girl’s cold-blooded murder.
- Chhattisgarh orders probe into girl's shootout killing - Aug 31, 2011
- Staged gunfights: Congress walks out of Chhattisgarh assembly - Sep 09, 2011
- Congress creates uproar in Chhattisgarh assembly - Mar 26, 2012
- Minor's rapist arrested in Maharastra (Lead) - Dec 09, 2010
- BSP MLA accused of rape surrenders - Jan 13, 2011
- Shocked the way Kishenji was killed: Forward Bloc - Dec 03, 2011
- Congress seeks CBI probe into Chhattisgarh killings - Jul 02, 2012
- Jaipur shootout: Four cops sent to five days' CBI custody - Mar 12, 2011
- Family alleges teen killed in Chhattisgarh staged shootout - Jul 12, 2011
- Congress demands arrest of 'rapist' BSP legislator - Dec 31, 2010
- Teen gang-raped by three in Madhya Pradesh - Feb 26, 2012
- Chhattisgarh killing issue rocks assembly - Jul 13, 2012
- Girl killed in police station was gangraped: Women's panel - Jun 30, 2011
- UP suspends four officials after violence - Jun 26, 2012
- Three Congress legislators held in Chhattisgarh - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: bharatiya janata party, cold blooded murder, congress member, congress members, culprits, gang rape, home minister, innocent civilians, judicial commission, judicial probe, kanwar, maoist, meena, nanki, opposition congress, party government, policemen, tribal girl, tribals, walkout