Congress trains guns on West Bengal election officerMay 5th, 2009 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 5 (IANS) The Congress Tuesday accused West Bengal Chief Electoral Officer Debasish Sen of failing to ensure free and fair elections in the state by allowing criminals backed by the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) a free run.
“In the first phase of the polls (in West Bengal) April 30, the CPI-M-led goons created havoc. These anti-socials are again terrorising people ahead of the second phase Thursday,” state Congress vice-president Manas Bhuniya told reporters here.
“What is the role of the CEO? He is totally partisan. The CPI-M has hatched a conspiracy to reduce the poll process to a farce in league with the CEO,” Bhuniya alleged.
The Congress leader also accused the observers appointed by the Election Commission of dancing to the tune of the CPI-M and the state administrative machinery.
- Bengal polls: Campaigning for fifth phase ends - May 05, 2011
- West Bengal polls enter fifth phase Saturday - May 06, 2011
- Stop poking Congress ahead of polls, Trinamool told - Mar 02, 2011
- Brisk polling in fifth round of Bengal elections (Third Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Brisk voting in fifth round of Bengal polls (Fourth Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Congress discussing joining Mamata government: Bhuniya - May 15, 2011
- Peaceful voting in Bengal's Maoist-hit districts (Second Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Bengal industry minister, Congress chief's assets increase - Apr 28, 2011
- Voting under way for fifth round of Bengal polls (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Given power I would have controlled situation in a jiffy: Mamata - Oct 30, 2010
- Polling ends in Bengal, 83 percent votes cast - May 07, 2011
- CPI-M using police to manipulate voters: Mamata - May 05, 2011
- Arrests of CPI-M, Trinamool leaders not comparable: Congress - Apr 18, 2011
- Polling peaceful in West Bengal first phase (Intro Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
- Congress calls Trinamool stooge of BJP - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: chief electoral officer, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress leader, conspiracy, CPI, criminals, election commission, election officer, farce, guns, havoc, manas, observers, role of the ceo, ruling communist party, second phase, socials, state congress, west bengal election