Congress to release UP manifesto at 10 centresJanuary 30th, 2012 - 8:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 30 (IANS) The Congress Party will release its manifesto for the Uttar Pradesh assembly polls at state capital Lucknow and nine other major towns simultaneously Tuesday, party leader Mohan Prakash said here Monday.
“It is an effort to reach more people in the country’s most populous state in a diversified manner,” Prakash told IANS.
Besides Lucknow, the manifesto will be released at Allahabad, Varanasi, Agra, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Shajahanpur, Saharanpur, Jhansi and Bareilly, he said.
Prakash told reporters that central leaders, including Digvijay Singh, Janardhan Dwivedi, Sheila Dikshit, Sushil Kumar Shinde, Ambika Soni, Amarinder Singh, Jairam Ramesh and Ghulam Nabi Azad and Prime Minister’s Advisor on Innovation Sam Pitroda, will attend the functions.
State leaders, including Rita Bahuguna Joshi, Pramod Tiwari, Shriprakash Jaiswal, Jitin Prasada, Rashid Masood and P.L. Punia will also attend the release functions.
However, party general secretary Rahul Gandhi will not attend any of the functions, Prakash said.
Gandhi will be continuing his poll campaign in the Sitapur-Barabanki districts, Prakash added.
- Pitroda to join UP Congress manifesto release function - Jan 30, 2012
- Jaiswal to head Congress's Uttar Pradesh poll panel - Oct 11, 2011
- Shoes hurled at Varun Gandhi's cavalcade - Nov 12, 2011
- Barabanki gets the chills, slow polling in first hours - Feb 08, 2012
- 'Dalits still being targetted in Uttar Pradesh' - Nov 21, 2010
- Agitation if cases against Congress leaders not withdrawn: Jaiswal - Nov 18, 2011
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012
- Communal violence casts a shadow on Uttar Pradesh - Aug 15, 2012
- Team Anna adopting undemocratic means, says Jitin Prasada - Aug 01, 2012
- Ambika Soni, Tewari in Congress' Punjab coordination panel - May 11, 2011
- Rift between MPs only pre-victory pangs: Congress - Feb 08, 2012
- Jayant Chaudhary's wife is cynosure at Congress-RLD rally - Feb 02, 2012
- Ramdev's fast has lost meaning: Congress (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Ramdev's fast has lost meaning: Congress - Jun 11, 2011
- Rahul keeps up attack on Mayawati, Mulayam - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: amarinder singh, ambika soni, assembly polls, barabanki, central leaders, congress party, digvijay singh, ghulam nabi azad, jairam ramesh, jaiswal, poll campaign, populous state, prakash, pramod, prasada, rahul gandhi, sam pitroda, sheila dikshit, sushil kumar, sushil kumar shinde