Congress to hold rally in JaipurMarch 2nd, 2008 - 4:14 pm ICT by admin
Jaipur, March 2 (IANS) Ahead of assembly polls in Rajasthan this year, the opposition Congress will hold a rally here Tuesday to protest what it calls the “misrule” of the state’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government. “The rally would be organised Tuesday near the state assembly and party workers from almost every village, block and district would take part in the rally,” said C.P. Joshi, state Congress chief.
“Various issues like misrule, poor law and order condition in the state, corruption, fraudulent land dealings, and problems of electricity, road and water would be raised in the rally,” Joshi said.
Joshi charged the BJP with breaching promises made to the people and farmers of the state.
“The BJP had announced it would set up a Rs.2.50 billion fund for the welfare of farmers but nothing has materialised so far,” Joshi said. The BJP has lost the trust of the people, which will be evident in the forthcoming elections, he said.
Assembly elections are to be held in November.
Joshi said the BJP has announced various sops in the state budget, which would be impossible to complete during its stint in the state.
Joshi said as many as 1.8 million farmers would benefit in the state by loan waiver granted by the central government in the recent budget. He said the law and order situation has gone completely out of hand in the state.
He said that since the BJP came to power in the state, different sections of society are feeling insecure.
The state government is anti-labour and anti-farmer. The state government is not concerned with the problems of the common man, he added.
- Farmers' suicides unabated in Chhattisgarh: Congress - Jan 02, 2012
- Controversial Madhya Pradesh minister puts foot in mouth - Mar 21, 2012
- Rahul to raise farmers' problems at July 9 rally - Jul 04, 2011
- BJP to hold protest rallies in Rajasthan on Aug 11 - Aug 09, 2012
- BJP central leaders to meet ahead of executive meeting - Jun 01, 2011
- BJP wing to hold Kisan parliament in Delhi Saturday - May 11, 2012
- BJP plans farmers' parliament in Delhi May 12-13 - Apr 14, 2012
- Minister says price rise helps farmers, draws flak (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- 40 BJP cadres join Congress in Chhattisgarh - Feb 19, 2012
- BJP pitches itself as Congress' alternative, tries to smooth rifts (Roundup) - May 25, 2012
- BJP attacks UPA over fertilizer prices - Aug 20, 2012
- Corruption, BSP 'misrule' main issues at BJP meet - Jun 02, 2011
- Budget disappointing for farmers: Badal - Feb 28, 2011
- Why can't UPA dismiss Mayawati government, asks BJP - May 12, 2011
- BJP government in Chhattisgarh most corrupt: Congress - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, assembly polls, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, central government, common man, farmers, forthcoming elections, jaipur, joshi, land dealings, law and order, opposition congress, rs 2, sops, state assembly, state budget, state congress, state government, stint