Congress to hold mass meeting in Uttar Pradesh to expose financial bunglingsOctober 19th, 2008 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 19 (IANS) Alleging that the Mayawati-led Uttar Pradesh government has failed to implement the National Rural Employment Gurarantee Scheme (NREGS) in the state, the Congress party will hold a mass meeting Tuesday to expose the “financial bungling” in the project.”We have gathered sufficient proof to expose the Mayawati-led state government that has failed to implement the NREGS in the state,” claimed Sanjay Dixit, chairman of the NREGS vigilance committee of the Congress.
Also, the ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government was blamed of large scale financial bungling in the sapling plantation drive in the Bundelkhand region. “District forest officials of Lalitpur district withdrew over Rs.6 crore within a week and the state government misappropriated over Rs.200 crore of NREGS in July-August in the name of this drive,” Dixit alleged.
He said Congress has also filed an application under the Right to Information Act asking the information commission to provide the muster role of at least one block of every district of Bundelkhand where the government allegedly planted saplings.
“We have collected vital information in connection with the financial bunglings that are being carried out in the NREGS in the state, including the plantation drive and we will make it public in black and white on Oct 21,” he stated.
Dixit said the “Maha Panchayat” (mass meeting) will be held in Lucknow and Congress activists and workers from all over the state will participate in it.
The Congress has, in September, also lodged an FIR with the police in connection with the sapling plantation drive in Bundelkhand.
“In the complaint, we provided details of 18 places in Bundelkhand where bungling took place and on Oct 21 we will be providing details of over 100 other such spots,” he claimed.
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- Rahul continues broadside against Mayawati, Mulayam - Nov 24, 2011
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh land scams worth Rs.1 lakh crore, says BJP - Jul 28, 2011
- Congress may move court for CBI probe into doctor's murder - Apr 13, 2011
- Second phase of BJP's anti-Mayawati yatra begins Wednesday - Nov 09, 2011
- Dikshit briefs Patil on Delhi plantation - Aug 02, 2011
- Mulayam, Mayawati neglected Muslims, development: Rahul Gandhi - Jan 28, 2012
- Of loss, and love for a 30,000-member 'green family' (Feature) - Oct 17, 2011
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds - Jul 21, 2011
- Give jobs to flood-hit: Congress tells Mayawati - Aug 29, 2010
- Rahul flays 'insensitive' Mayawati, Mulayam - Nov 23, 2011
- In Delhi, government spends Rs.950 on every plant! - Sep 02, 2012
- Digvijay attacks Anna, BJP, Mayawati at one go - Oct 16, 2011
- Mayawati crackdown on NREGS bungling eyewash: Congress - Mar 31, 2010