Congress snubs Yeddyurappa over Sonia praiseMay 14th, 2012 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) The Congress Monday snubbed Bharatiya Janata Party leader and former Karnataka chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa over his praise of party chief Sonia Gandhi, saying she does not need a certificate from anyone.
“Neither the Congress party nor its president need a certificate from anyone,” Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari told reporters here.
He said the BJP came to power in Karnataka in 2008 and has been suffering from internal bickering since then.
“I hope the people of Karnataka will take note of this when the state goes to polls in eight months,” said Tewari.
Observing that the fight between Yeddyurappa, who wants to unseat Chief Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda, and the BJP’s central leadership, is their internal matter, the Congress spokesperson said “they (the BJP) will stew in their own juices”.
Yeddyurappa, who is pitching hard to be chief minister again and has created a crisis in the BJP, had Sunday praised Gandhi for treating her party leaders nicely in an attempt to embarrass his own party.
- Congress snubs Yeddyurappa over Sonia praise (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Hectic efforts on to save Karnataka's BJP government (Second lead) - May 14, 2012
- Sadananda Gowda in Delhi, Yeddyurappa calls him 'traitor' (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Leadership tussle in Karnataka leaves CM embarrassed - Jun 28, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka chief minister (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka chief minister (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Yeddyurappa calls his successor a 'traitor' - May 13, 2012
- Sadananda Gowda sworn-in as Karnataka chief minister - Aug 04, 2011
- BJP mulls replacing Karnataka chief minister to save government - Jul 03, 2012
- Congress gets active as ruling BJP crisis continues (Lead, Karnataka Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
- Congress gets active as ruling BJP crisis continues (Karnataka Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
- Shettar to be new Karnataka chief minister - Jul 07, 2012
- Troubles galore as BJP enters final year of rule (Karnataka Newsletter) - May 26, 2012
- Congress wins Karnataka Lok Sabha bypoll (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Eight Yeddyurappa loyalists quit Karnataka ministry (Second Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: bjp, central leadership, congress party, eight months, gowda, internal matter, karnataka chief minister, manish, New Delhi, own juices, party chief, party leader, party leaders, polls, s central, snubs, sonia gandhi, spokesperson, tewari