Congress slams Swamy, says Chidambaram cleanAugust 24th, 2012 - 1:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) Finance Minister P. Chidambaram had nothing to do with the 2G scam, the Congress said Friday as it strongly backed the leader after the Supreme Court dismissed a petition seeking to make him co-accused in the case.
“We have been saying it right from the beginning — Chidambaram has nothing to do with the 2G issue. There is no criminality on the part of Chidambaram,” Minister of State in Prime Minister’s Office V. Narayanasamy said after the court dismissed Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy’s petition.
“Subramanian Swamy, everybody knows, has been filing petitions against everyone in the Congress. We will face him legally and politically. The collusion which Swamy alleges is absolutely incorrect,” he said.
Swamy, a member of opposition National Democratic Alliance, had moved the apex court challenging a Feb 4 order by a trial court rejecting his plea to make Chidambaram co-accused along with former communications minister A. Raja and seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe against him.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni too slammed Swamy.
“We always said there is not merit in the case,” she said, adding that he had filed the petition to stay in the limelight.
“There was no ground to file this petition. It was just wasting the court’s time,” she said.
Swamy has said he would file a review petition.
- Supreme Court endorses party stance on 2G: Congress (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Clean chit to Chidambaram in 2G scam (Roundup) - Feb 04, 2012
- SC rejects Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Apex court reserves order on Chidambaram in 2G case - Apr 24, 2012
- SC dismisses Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Relief for Chidambaram as court dismisses Swamy's plea (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Will appeal against judgement: Swamy - Feb 04, 2012
- Don't be happy about SC decision, opposition tells Congress - Aug 24, 2012
- Trial court to decide on Chidambaram's role in afternoon - Feb 04, 2012
- 2G: Court defers hearing on Swamy's plea - Mar 17, 2012
- Chidambaram allocated extra spectrum to 2G licence holders: Swamy - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Explain turnaround on Dayanidhi Maran' - Apr 11, 2012
- No proof to try Chidambaram in 2G case: Court - Feb 04, 2012
- Will file complaint on Aircel-Marxis deal, Swamy tells court - May 26, 2012
- Swamy plea against Chidambaram dismissed (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: ambika soni, apex, apex court, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, collusion, criminality, finance minister, limelight, minister of state, national democratic alliance, New Delhi, party president, petition, petitions, plea, raja, slams, swamy, trial court