Congress seeks probe into Jaswant’s cash-for-votes caseApril 1st, 2009 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 1 (IANS) The Congress Wednesday urged the Election Commission to probe the cash-for-votes allegation against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Jaswant Singh, who was shown in a video footage distributing money during an election meeting in a Rajasthan village.
“It is a fit case for the Election Commission to look into, whether an attempt was made to influence voters,” Congress spokesperson Ashwini Kumar said.
Jaswant Singh was caught on camera Tuesday distributing money during an election rally in Gajaria village of Barmer, about 550 km from Rajasthan capital Jaipur.
In the video clip telecast by TV news channels, Jaswant Singh and BJP national vice-president Kailash Meghwal were shown giving money to a woman at the Gajaria poll rally.
Jaswant Singh’s son Manvendra Singh is contesting the Lok Sabha election from Barmer parliamentary constituency.
- Poll panel to verify Jaswant's cash-for-votes CD (Lead) - Apr 01, 2009
- Report on Jaswant Singh's money distribution sent to poll panel - Apr 01, 2009
- Now BJP's Jaswant Singh caught on camera distributing cash - Mar 31, 2009
- EC issues notice to Jaswant Singh for violating Model Code - Apr 04, 2009
- Poll panel to see Jaswant's cash-for-votes CD Monday - Apr 02, 2009
- Poll panel notice to Jaswant Singh for doling cash - Apr 05, 2009
- BJP pooh-poohs code of conduct violation by Jaswant while Congress slams it - Apr 02, 2009
- Jaswant Singh meets Mulayam Singh Yadav - Jun 12, 2012
- Gorkha League not to support Jaswant Singh in Darjeeling - Apr 10, 2009
- Poll pitch picks up in Rajasthan - May 03, 2009
- Jaswant Singh to contest LS polls from Darjeeling - Apr 03, 2009
- PM, Sonia fail to garner votes for Goa Congress - Mar 07, 2012
- Chidambaram to reply to Election Commission notice today - Apr 06, 2009
- Rajasthan villagers toil to harvest rainwater (Letter from Rajasthan) - Jul 03, 2012
- Chidambaram, Jaswant to reply to Election Commission notice today - Apr 07, 2009
Tags: allegation against, april 1, ashwini, barmer, election commission, election rally, giving money, jaipur, janata party, jaswant singh, kailash, lok sabha election, national vice president, New Delhi, news channels, parliamentary constituency, spokesperson, tv news, video clip, video footage