Congress seeks apology from Vijay GoelAugust 22nd, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 22 (IANS) The Congress Thursday demanded an apology from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Vijay Goel for calling Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit a “cheat” and “trickster”.
“The former union minister used indecent words against the chief minster. He must apologies to the the citizens of the capital,” Dikshit’s parliamentary secretary Mukesh Sharma said here.
Goel had reportedly said Tuesday: “I have coined a very special name for Sheila Dikshit - Chalava Dikshit (con Dikshit). She deserve the title.”
He made the remark while referring to a Delhi government scheme to provide over 3.5 lakh poor households cooking gas cylinders and stoves.
- Delhi's poor to get 3 more subsidised LPG cylinders - Sep 17, 2012
- Sheila Dikshit launches 'Kerosene Free Delhi' scheme - Aug 21, 2012
- Delhi to become kerosene-free city - Aug 20, 2012
- Cooking gas connections for 350,000 families in Delhi: Dikshit - Jun 20, 2012
- Dikshit gets new parliamentary secretary - Aug 14, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Aug 15, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised (Lead, Correcting date in para one) - Aug 15, 2012
- Delhi approves food security scheme for poor - Aug 13, 2012
- Diesel slightly cheaper in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Fresh summons issued to Gupta for defaming Dikshit - Jun 22, 2012
- Dikshit stresses on need for harnessing renewable energy - Aug 21, 2010
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit - Apr 09, 2012
- BJP slams Delhi government for imposing fresh taxes - Mar 24, 2010
- Dikshit announces job scheme for poor - Jul 31, 2012
- Spread awareness on health schemes: Dikshit - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: apologies, apology, chief minister, citizens, congress, delhi government, gas cylinders, goel, government scheme, indecent words, janata party, minster, New Delhi, parliamentary secretary, poor households, sheila dikshit, stoves, trickster, union minister, vijay