Congress re-nominates Kamal Nath, Jyotiraditya from Madhya PradeshMarch 12th, 2009 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) The Congress Thursday released a list of 12 candidates for Madhya Pradesh, re-nominating union ministers Kamal Nath and Jyotiraditya Scindia. It also named 11 contenstants from Assam and one each for Chandigarh and Nagaland.
Commerce and Industry Minister Kamal Nath would be contesting from the Chhindwara constituency in Madhya Pradesh, Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari told reporters.
Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Jyotiraditya Scindia has been renominated for Guna constituency in the state. Sitting MP Kantilal Bhurial is to contest from Ratlam constituency.
Madhya Pradesh will elect 29 MPs to the 15th Lok Sabha in two-phase polls on April 23 and April 30.
In Assam that has 14 Lok Sabha constituencies, sitting MP Lalit Mohan Suklabaidya, union ministers Santosh Mohan Dev and Bijoy Krishna Handique, Moni Kumar Subba whose nationality has been mired in controversy, Dip Gogoi would be contesting from Karimganj, Silchar, Tezpur, Kaliabor and Jorhat constituency respectively, Tewari said.
From Barpeta and Guwahati seats, the party has nominated Ismail Hussain and Capt. Robil Bordoloi in place of sitting MPs A.F. Golam Osmani and Krip Chaliha.
Assam will vote on April 16 and April 23.
The Congress’ sitting MP from Chandigarh union minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has been re-nominated for the constituency, where voting will take place on May 13.
In Nagaland, the Congress has fielded K.A. Sangtam. The elections in the state will be held April 16.
- Six ministers in Congress' list of 25 for Lok Sabha polls (Lead) - Mar 12, 2009
- Congress workers await leaders in by-polls campaign - Feb 08, 2011
- Congress protests remarks by BJP leaders on ministers - May 23, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh bypoll turns prestige issue for Congress, BJP - Jun 24, 2011
- Kamal Nath joins Ramdev's fight against corruption - May 23, 2011
- Five former royals in Madhya Pradesh battle - Apr 20, 2009
- Child tying minister's shoe laces shameful: Kamal Nath - Jan 21, 2012
- Jyotiraditya Scindia questioned by Election Commission - Apr 14, 2009
- 8 candidates in fray for 6 Rajya Sabha seats from Maharashtra - Mar 19, 2012
- Aerial crashes: many leaders died, others survived - May 09, 2012
- Chief minister's son in Congress' Andhra list - Mar 21, 2009
- Jyotiraditya Scindia on poll panel scanner for letters (Lead) - Apr 14, 2009
- An election sans issues (Poll curtainraiser - Madhya Pradesh) - Apr 22, 2009
- Cabinet reshuffle likely Tuesday (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Nominations for fourth phase begin in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 25, 2012
Tags: assam, bansal, bijoy, gogoi, golam, guwahati, industry minister, kamal nath, krip, lalit, lok sabha constituencies, madhya pradesh, nagaland, osmani, pawan kumar, santosh, silchar, subba, union minister, union ministers