Congress parliamentarian wants ban on ‘Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum’August 17th, 2012 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) The clamour to ban Ekta Kapoor’s film “Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum” just got stronger, with a Congress parliamentarian Friday demanding a ban on the movie for offending the sensitivities of the Christian community in Goa.
Goa’s lone Rajya Sabha MP, Shantaram Naik of the Congress, Friday reiterated the demand for a ban on the film, which shows a Christian priest, played by actor Chunky Pandey solemnising the wedding of a dog with a bitch.
“A scene shows a priest sprinkling holy water when a bitch and a dog engage in sexual act. Actor Anupam Kher in the film says Mother Mary said that his dead mother was reincarnated as a bitch. There are many other dialogues which can hurt sentiments of the Christian community,” Naik said in the Rajya Sabha during Zero Hour.
“These scenes have hurt the religious sentiments of the Christian community which holds a priest in high esteem. A priest is not only bestowed with serious religious duties but is supposed to be guide and philosopher to many members of the community,” the MP further said.
On Thursday, the Congress formally demanded a ban on the comedy film and the arrest of Ekta Kapoor on similar ground.
Congress legislator Reginaldo Lourenco said the Goa government should ban the film in the same manner it banned the controversial film “Da Vinci Code”, for offending religious sentiments.
- Congress demands ban on 'Kya Super Kool Hain Hum' in Goa - Aug 16, 2012
- Legislator objects to Goa depiction in 'Kya Super Kool...' - Aug 01, 2012
- Police complaint filed against 'Kya Super Kool...' - Aug 08, 2012
- Navy preventing Goa Christians from praying at chapel: Congress MP - May 09, 2012
- Riteish embarrassed of his act in 'Kya Super...' - Jul 02, 2012
- Ekta overwhelmed by response to 'Kyaa Super Kool...' - Aug 01, 2012
- Congress demands auction of Goa iron ore mines - Aug 27, 2012
- 'Not 1857, 1583 Goa revolt was first Indian mutiny' - Jul 16, 2012
- Goa church protests poll squad's raid on priest - Feb 09, 2012
- Mining and casino-friendly Parrikar is like Chanakya: Congress - Aug 30, 2012
- May do another sequel, says 'Kyaa Super Kool...' director - Aug 01, 2012
- Three Goa ministers' kin among Congress nominees - Feb 07, 2012
- Ekta Kapoor again unhappy with censors - Jul 22, 2012
- Ekta to visit Fatehpur Sikri, pray for 'Kya Super...' success - Jun 30, 2012
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' producers, exhibitors are anti-national: Congress MP - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: anupam kher, christian priest, chunky pandey, clamour, comedy film, controversial film, da vinci code, dead mother, goa government, holy water, kyaa, lourenco, naik, parliamentarian, rajya sabha, reginaldo, religious duties, religious sentiments, sexual act, shantaram