Congress, other parties have corruption-blackened hands: HazareAugust 26th, 2012 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Ralegan Siddhi (Maharashtra), Aug 26 (IANS) The Congress and other political parties have their hands “blackened” with corruption, Anna Hazare said Sunday and added that only people with honesty and integrity should be sent to parliament.
Addressing reporters at his village here as members of India Against Corruption (IAC) in New Delhi were holding protests against corruption, Hazare said: “The Congress’ hands are blackened, every party has blackened hands, and each is accusing the other of corruption.”
He was referring to the stand-off between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the government over the official auditor’s report on allocation of coal blocks. The protests by the BJP has resulted in parliament getting adjourned for four days.
“No party can give the country any future,” Hazare said, adding that only people with honesty and integrity should be sent to parliament.
Members of his disbanded Team Anna, including Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan, were detained by police in Delhi briefly as they tried to stage anti-corruption protests outside the residences of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and BJP chief Nitin Gadkari.
- Kiran Bedi skips IAC protest rally - Aug 26, 2012
- Police battle anti-graft protesters outside PM's house, Hazare for second freedom movement (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Police battle anti-corruption protests near PM, Sonia houses (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2012
- Wish movement had remained as it was, says Kiran Bedi - Aug 27, 2012
- Two Team Anna members quit, Bedi denies cracks (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2011
- Kashmir integral part of India, says Kejriwal - Oct 14, 2011
- Bhushan's Kashmir statement under Anna scanner (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Team Anna members meet Hazare - Oct 30, 2011
- Whither Team Anna? (News Analysis) - Oct 30, 2011
- IAC meets Saturday as demand for new core group crops up - Oct 28, 2011
- Team Anna not to campaign for or against any party - Jan 10, 2012
- Team Anna going strong, will be revamped: Hazare (Second lead) - Oct 30, 2011
- 'We are united', reiterates Team Anna; visits Hazare (Lead) - Oct 30, 2011
- Ready to face arrest for protesting against corruption: Kejriwal (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Agitation should have targeted PM, says Bedi as rift rumours deepen (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, bharatiya janata party, bhushan, bjp, coal, congress president sonia gandhi, corruption, honesty, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, nitin, parliament members, political parties, prashant, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, protests, siddhi