Congress MP ready to be quizzed by police, CPI-M leaders not keenJuly 2nd, 2012 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 1 (IANS) Congress MP K.Sudhakaran Sunday asserted he would make himself available before the special police team probing a case of attempted murder against him but CPI-M legislator T.V.Rajesh and his party colleague were not keen to follow him in two other cases.
“I wholeheartedly welcome the probe and I will make myself available to the SIT (special investigating team) at any time they ask me to appear before them,” Sudhakaran told reporters here.
Prasanth Babu, a former aide of Sudhakaran, Saturday alleged that the shooting of E.P. Jayarajan, the then Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Kannur district secretary, was part of a conspiracy hatched by Sudhakaran at his residence.
Jayarajan, currently a CPI-M legislator from Kannur district, was shot at on board the Rajdhani Express at Chirala in Andhra Pradesh on April 12,1995 while travelling from New Delhi to Kannur.
State Home Minister T.Radhakrishnan told the media Sunday that the government has decided to appoint a special investigation team which will be announced Monday by the director general of police.
” We decided to appoint the SIT following requests from (CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi)Vijayan, Leader of Opposition V.S. Achuthanandan and also the state Congress president. Moreover we have also sanctioned police security for Babu,” he said.
Vijayan Saturday asked the Kerala government to register a case and begin an enquiry against Sudhakaran, following Babus’s revelation. He had also sought security for Babu.
On the other hand, CPI M legislator T.V. Rajesh who has been asked to appear before another SIT in amurder case probe has not yet appeared before them.
Meanwhile, M.M.Mani, the former Idukki CPI-M district secretary, whose petition to quash an FIR registered against him last month for revealing that his party had killed four people in the 1980s was rejected by the Kerala High Court last week, appeared undecided on whether to appear before police Monday.
” I have not yet decided whether to appear before the team tomorrow,” Mani told reporters.
- CPI-M demands case, probe against Congress MP - Jun 30, 2012
- CPI-M legislator remanded in custody in murder case (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M facing tough times (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 30, 2012
- CPI-M legislator, 32 others charged in IUML worker murder - Aug 23, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader arrested in murder case - Aug 01, 2012
- Bail denied to Kerala CPI-M leaders in murder case - Aug 13, 2012
- Congress MP demands reprobe into 1994 Kerala firing - Oct 16, 2011
- Being targeted to tarnish party, says Kerala CPI-M leader - May 18, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- CPI(M) MLA Rajesh denied bail, Jayarajan's remand extended - Aug 14, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader denied bail in murder case - Aug 04, 2012
- Kerala assembly stalled, opposition demands IUML member's arrest - Jun 12, 2012
- Decision on arrested Kerala CPI-M leader's bail Saturday - Aug 03, 2012
- IUML worker's murder: Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail - Aug 27, 2012
- CPI-M not involved in former leader's murder: Achuthanandan - May 07, 2012
Tags: babus, chirala, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress president, district secretary, home minister, investigation team, kannur district, kerala government, kerala high court, leader of opposition, m district, people in the 1980s, police team, radhakrishnan, rajdhani express, special police, state congress, v s achuthanandan