Congress moves court against Chhattisgarh CMJuly 20th, 2012 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 20 (IANS) Congress leaders Friday filed a complaint in the district court against Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh, seeking a probe into allotment of land by the state to a private company allegedly at a throwaway price.
The Congress leaders, who are divided into several factions, displayed unity as they marched from the party headquarters to the court of Judicial Magistrate (First Class) B.P. Varma, where former revenue minister Bhupesh Baghel filed the petition against the chief minister.
Former chief secretary P. Joy Oommen and Vedanta-controlled Bharat Aluminium Company Limited (Balco) CEO Gunjan Gupta have also been named in the complaint.
“In the complaint, we have sought to register an offence against Chief Minister Raman Singh, the then chief secretary P. Joy Oommen and Balco CEO Gunjan Gupta, besides probe in the land deal that has caused huge loss to the state exchequer,” Baghel’s lawyer G.M. Ahluwalia told reporters outside the court.
The court will hear the matter Aug 4.
Political analysts say that the move of the Congress is to hit the image of the 60-year-old Raman Singh, who has been heading the government in the mineral-rich state since December 2003 and largely enjoys a good reputation.
- Chhattisgarh opposition walks out over 'favours to BALCO' - Sep 08, 2011
- Chhattisgarh police summons Balco CEO for chimney crash - Sep 30, 2009
- Raman Singh makes surprise village visit - Apr 27, 2011
- CBI to file supplementary chargesheet in Emaar case - Apr 09, 2012
- CBI to file additional chargesheet in Emaar case (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 09, 2012
- Land scam: Court seeks Bihar government's response - Oct 18, 2011
- Digvijay Singh faces complaint for Ramdev remark - Jan 19, 2012
- Dikshit gets court notice on BJP leader's plea - Jul 10, 2012
- Goa court directs FIR against minister in land scam case - Jan 11, 2011
- Land allotment to Achuthanandan's relative to be probed - Jun 01, 2011
- Punish Vedanta chief for Balco mishap: Congress - Mar 18, 2010
- Balco's bauxite mining displaces Chhattisgarh tribals - Dec 22, 2011
- BJP leader denied relief on Dikshit's defamation complaint - Aug 13, 2012
- Raman Singh backs minister under fire from Congress - Mar 05, 2010
- List palm oil case before another court: Judge - Sep 24, 2011
Tags: ahluwalia, allotment, aluminium, balco, chief minister, chief secretary, congress leaders, factions, first class, gunjan, gupta, judicial magistrate, offence, party headquarters, petition, political analysts, private company, revenue minister, state exchequer, vedanta