Congress lists ‘failures’ of Himachal government to governorMay 8th, 2009 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 8 (IANS) The opposition Congress Friday met Himachal Pradesh Governor Prabha Rau and submitted a memorandum listing alleged acts of “omission and commission” by the 16-month-old Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state.
“We have exposed the BJP’s doublespeak. The chargesheet listed all acts of omission and commission by the present government… it was made public to expose its (BJP’s) real face,” All India Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary Mohsina Kidwai told reporters here.
Kidwai was accompanied by legislative party chief Vidya Stokes and state unit chief Kaul Singh Thakur. The “chargesheet” submitted contains a list of 21 allegations against the government.
“Chief Minister (Prem Kumar) Dhumal is only promoting his clan (sitting MP and son Anurag Thakur and legislator and relative Gulab Singh Thakur). People are fed up with rampant nepotism and corruption of the government,” she said.
The memorandum lists abolition of the state administrative tribunal, transfer of about 50,000 government employees due to alleged vindictiveness, death of medical student Aman Kachru in ragging at Tanda medical college and involvement of cabinet ministers in land scams as major failures of the state government.
However, Dhumal, who took over reins of the state for the second time Dec 30, 2007, said that his brief tenure has been one of “remarkable achievements”.
“In these elections, we are presenting the balance-sheet of the government’s performance before the public. It’s for the public to decide… they will vote for the BJP,” Dhumal told IANS.
“In the past 16 months, we have achieved milestones in the fields of hydropower generation, industrialization, education, infrastructure development and giving monetary succour to government employees,” he said.
Himachal Pradesh’s four parliamentary seats go to the polls May 13.
In 2004, the Congress had won the Shimla, Kangra and Mandi parliamentary seats while the BJP got the Hamirpur seat.
- Congress walkout from Himachal assembly over graft - Aug 27, 2012
- Dhumal will have to ensure BJP victory, not just son's - Apr 26, 2009
- Himachal monsoon session set to be stormy - Aug 26, 2012
- Himachal BJP releases Congress's charge sheet - May 17, 2012
- Opposition Congress at receiving end (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 18, 2012
- Himachal Congress gives 'charge sheet' against BJP regime - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP suspends Himachal MP - Mar 11, 2012
- Virbhadra accuses Dhumal of vindictiveness - Jul 01, 2012
- Centre ignored protests over cement plant in 2004: Dhumal - May 13, 2012
- Congress slams ruling BJP for Himachal land deals - Aug 21, 2011
- Himachal boasts of its own Annas (With Image) - Aug 25, 2011
- Presidential poll voting ends in Himachal - Jul 19, 2012
- Himachal budget session begins Friday - Mar 08, 2012
- Dismiss Himachal government over CD controversy: Congress - Jan 22, 2010
- Congress appoints Virbhadra campaign committee chief for Himachal elections - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: aicc, anurag, cabinet ministers, education infrastructure, gulab, india congress committee, infrastructure development, kangra, kaul, kidwai, land scams, opposition congress, parliamentary seats, party chief, present government, remarkable achievements, shimla, state administrative tribunal, time dec, unit chief