Congress legislators in Maharashtra complain about ChavanJuly 24th, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 24 (IANS) Complaining about several “issues” they have with Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, over 40 Congress legislators requested the state party chief to intervene.
As many as 42 legislators have written to Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Manikrao Thakre and sought his intervention. They have cited issues like lack of clearances for infrastructure projects, delay in filling administrative posts and release of grants for development work in their constituencies.
Thakre, however, said that the legislators are worried about incomplete work in their constituencies and are not against the chief minister.
“Let it be clear, nobody is against the chief minister. No MLA (legislator) has complained to me about his functioning,” he told media persons here.
“The letter I have got is with regards to the problems these MLAs are facing in their constituencies. I have spoken to the CM about it and their work will be done,” he added.
Another party official close to Chavan also refused to comment on the development. “There is no such concern amongst Congress legislators,” the official maintained.
According to sources, the letter dated July 19 has also been sent to AICC secretary Mohan Prakash, who is in charge of the party affairs in Maharashtra.
- Not under any pressure, asserts Chavan - Jul 26, 2012
- Maharashtra may ban controversial book on Gandhi - Mar 30, 2011
- Hazare to meet political parties for strong Lokayukta - Apr 26, 2012
- Sharad Pawar targets Maharashtra government - Jun 02, 2012
- Prithviraj Chavan meets Ashok Chavan ahead of swearing-in-ceremony - Nov 11, 2010
- New tax on domestic LPG in Maharashtra rolled back - Mar 30, 2012
- NCP unhappy in Maharashtra also - Jul 21, 2012
- Low key I-Day celebrations in Maharashtra - Aug 15, 2012
- Congress, NCP tie up for Maharashtra civic polls - Nov 23, 2011
- Maharashtra Congress goes into huddle over NCP's stance - Jul 23, 2012
- Maharashtra celebrates Ambedkar's birth anniversary - Apr 14, 2012
- Environment Ministry defends Jaitapur project - Dec 29, 2010
- Maharashtra Congress ties up with Dalit party - Jan 29, 2012
- Marathi speaking areas of Karnataka should be declared Union Territory: Chavan - Jul 13, 2010
- Sonia to select Mumbai, Maharashtra Congress chiefs - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,