Congress legislator in Andhra fined for submitting false billsApril 20th, 2009 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 20 (IANS) The ruling Congress party in Andhra Pradesh suffered another jolt Monday with the state high court imposing a fine on one of its legislators for submitting false bills for medical reimbursement.
The court imposed a Rs.20,000 fine on Yerneni Rajaramchander alias Rajababu, the legislator from Kaikalur in Krishna district, and also struck down the government order withdrawing a criminal case against him.
The court dismissed the legislator’s revision petition, challenging the order of a lower court, which had refused to stop the trial, and also directed the trial court to complete the hearing in three months.
The court order came at a time when Rajababu is busy campaigning in his constituency, seeking re-election.
Kaikalur is among 150 assembly constituencies going to polls in the second phase along with 20 Lok Sabha constituencies on April 23.
This the second jolt to the party in two days. The Congress candidate from Rapthadu assembly constituency in Anantapur district, T. Prakash Reddy, was Sunday arrested by Karnataka police in connection with an attempt to murder case. He was taken to Bangalore, where a court sent him to judicial custody.
- Congress candidate in Anantapur arrested - Apr 20, 2009
- Andhra students intensify stir over cap on fee reimbursement - Aug 09, 2012
- Enthusiastic polling in Andhra assembly bypolls (Second Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Former Kerala minister Pillai to contest from jail - Mar 22, 2011
- Mixed response to shutdown call in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 31, 2012
- Congress faces setback in Andhra, Trinamool wins UP bypoll (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- High court refuses to stay graft case against Chautala - Sep 19, 2011
- Over 60 percent polling marked in Andhra Pradesh (Second Lead) - Apr 23, 2009
- Clashes mar second phase of polling in Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Apr 23, 2009
- Seven vs seven: 14 legislators fight each other in Kerala - Apr 04, 2011
- Jailed Kerala leader to skip assembly polls - Mar 23, 2011
- Court declares five Haryana lawmakers as unattached (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Over 65 percent polling in Andhra by-elections (Third Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- YSR Congress Party wins Nellore Lok Sabha, 14 assembly seats (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- 71 percent polling in Andhra by-elections (Night Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: alias, anantapur district, andhra pradesh, assembly constituencies, campaigning, congress candidate, congress party, constituency, criminal case, false bills, jolt, judicial custody, krishna district, legislator, lok sabha constituencies, medical reimbursement, murder case, prakash, second phase, trial court