Congress leader shot dead in IndoreMay 28th, 2009 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, May 28 (IANS) Santosh Dubey, a Congress leader, was Thursday shot dead in Madhya Pradesh’s commercial capital of Indore, police said, adding that a hunt was on to nab the assailants.
Dubey, 45, who headed the state Congress cultural cell, was coming out of a gymnasium in Chandan Nagar locality around 9.30 a.m. when some people fired four or five gunshots at him and fled, police said.
He was seriously injured and was rushed to a hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
“The assailants have been identified but the motive behind the murder is yet to be known. The police have registered a case of murder and launched a manhunt to nab the culprits,” Indore’s Additional Police Superintendent Manoj Singh said.
- Elderly woman stabbed to death by robbers - Aug 14, 2012
- Congress leader's son shot dead in Indore - Mar 31, 2012
- Indore man killed for Rs.600 - Feb 26, 2012
- Minor girl raped, burnt alive - Jan 29, 2012
- ATM-robbing teenager rearrested - Jun 25, 2011
- Kashmiri student out of danger (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Two steel traders shot dead in south Mumbai - Jul 07, 2011
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011
- A clerk who made Rs.30 crores! (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh clerk's assets Rs 30 crores! - Dec 18, 2011
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- Girl shot dead outside college in Delhi - Mar 08, 2011
- BSP leader killed in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 11, 2010
- Escaped accused in Tiku murder case caught (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Foreign tourist attacked in Puri - Jan 25, 2011