Congress has no role in Jagan’s arrest: Andhra chief ministerMay 28th, 2012 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 28 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy Monday said the Congress governments at the centre and in the state have nothing to do with the arrest of YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
Addressing a news conference, he said the CBI was conducting an investigation against Jagan on the direction of the court.
He condemned the allegations leveled by Jagan’s mother Vijayamma against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the state government. “Making baseless allegations is not proper. Let them prove their innocence in the court,” the chief minister remarked.
Kiran Kumar Reddy also alleged that Vijayamma was trying to take political mileage from the death of her husband Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy in a helicopter crash in 2009.
He said a probe was already conducted into cause of the crash and hence by raising the issue again, Vijyamma was trying to draw mileage for the next month’s by-elections.
Kiran Kumar reminded Vijayamma that it is Congress leadership which made YSR chief minister and state Congress chief twice. He also pointed out that when YSR was chief minister, he had full faith in CBI and hence ordered CBI probes into many issues.
The CBI Sunday arrested Jagan in a case of owning assets disproportionate to his known income. Condemning his arrest, Vijayamma held Sonia Gandhi responsible, saying she was targeting him for not obeying her.
- Jagan's mother continues protest against son's arrest - May 28, 2012
- Jagan's mother hits out at Sonia Gandhi for arrest - May 27, 2012
- Congress intensifies attack on Jagan in by-poll campaign - Jun 04, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case, party calls for Andhra shutdown (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Jagan's mother, sister storm Andhra by-poll scene (With images) - May 31, 2012
- Jagan's mother, wife arrested - May 28, 2012
- Jagan sent to jail for 14 days in assets case (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- YSR Congress cries conspiracy over Jagan's arrest - Jul 05, 2012
- Congress stakes claim to YSR's political legacy - Sep 07, 2012
- No role in CBI action against Sakshi group: Chief minister - May 09, 2012
- CBI grills Andhra minister in Jagan case - May 23, 2012
- Jagan celebrates party's win in jail - Jun 15, 2012
- Two Congress lawmakers in Andhra quit, side with Jagan - Jun 04, 2012
- Jagan's meteoric rise in wealth and popularity (Profile) - May 27, 2012
- Jagan's mother to campaign in by-elections - May 28, 2012
Tags: allegations, cbi, chief minister, congress chief, congress leadership, congress party, congress president sonia gandhi, governments, helicopter crash, innocence, jagan, kiran kumar, mileage, news conference, party leader, political mileage, probes, state congress, state government, ysr