Congress government in Mizoram to be sworn-in ThursdayDecember 10th, 2008 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
Aizawl, Dec 10 (IANS) A Congress government in Mizoram headed by Lalthanhawla will be sworn-in Thursday, an official said here Wednesday. Governor Lt Gen (Retd) M.M. Lakhera would administer the oath of office and secrecy to the 66-year-old Congress leader and his council of ministers at a function at the Raj Bhavan in Aizawl, said L.R. Sailo, Mizoram government spokesman.
Earlier in the day, state Congress President Lalthanhawla was unanimously elected as leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) by the newly elected party legislators.
“Lalthanhawla met the governor Wednesday evening and staked claim to forming the government,” a senior Raj Bhavan official told IANS.
The Congress won 32 of the 40 seats in the recently concluded assembly polls.
- Nabam Tuki sworn in as Arunachal Pradesh CM - Nov 01, 2011
- Lalthanhawla sworn-in, swears by Mizoram's development - Dec 11, 2008
- Lalthanhawla elected Mizoram Congress legislature party leader - Dec 10, 2008
- Kiran Kumar to take over as Andhra chief minister Thursday - Nov 25, 2010
- Kiran Kumar sworn in Andhra Pradesh chief minister (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- Air Force to set up defence radar station in Mizoram - Jan 19, 2011
- Mizoram governor wants census of Myanmarese migrants - Jan 01, 2011
- President Patil to attend Mizoram varsity convocation ceremony - Sep 23, 2010
- Mizoram chief minister quits owning moral responsibility - Dec 08, 2008
- Mukul Sangma sworn in Meghalaya chief minister - Apr 20, 2010
- Jostling for cabinet berths in Mumbai ahead of swearing-in - Nov 11, 2010
- Kiran Reddy to be sworn in as Andhra Chief Minister today - Nov 25, 2010
- New Madhya Pradesh governor sworn-in - Sep 08, 2011
- Sadananda Gowda sworn-in as Karnataka chief minister - Aug 04, 2011
- Kiran Kumar Reddy is 16th chief minister of Andhra Pradesh (Second Lead) - Nov 25, 2010