Congress faces difficulties, admits MukherjeeJune 4th, 2012 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee admitted Monday that the Congress was facing a “difficult” situation.
“The Congress will have to face challenges. The situation is difficult,” Mukherjee told the Congress Working Committee (CWC) meeting here.
But he expressed confidence that the Congress would be able to overcome the situation.
Mukherjee’s candid remarks came ahead of elections in Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat this year and at a time when the Congress faces an aggressive opposition and civil society.
- Sonia pulls up Congress, to pick presidential nominee (Roundup) - Jun 04, 2012
- CWC likely to ask Sonia to choose presidential nominee (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- CWC meet June 4 to discuss presidential poll, price rice - May 29, 2012
- CWC to meet Monday to bolster party's fortunes - Jun 03, 2012
- Poll results disappointing, shed factionalism: Sonia (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Sonia to select Congress presidential candidate - Jun 04, 2012
- Sonia hailed for showing Mamata her place - Jun 17, 2012
- Shed factionalism, prepare for future battles: Sonia to Congressmen (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Goa, Punjab results disappointing; UP vote share up: Sonia (Third Lead) - May 09, 2012
- CWC meeting to bid Pranab farewell begins (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- CWC meet begins, economic situation on agenda - Jun 04, 2012
- Mukherjee has right to admonish: Lalu - May 13, 2012
- RBI must adjust monetary policy: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Congress top brass meets, presidential nominee likely next week - Jun 08, 2012
- Sonia thanks non-UPA parties for support to Pranab (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012