Congress downplays Ramdev-Pawar meetJune 6th, 2012 - 12:40 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 5 (IANS) The Congress Tuesday downplayed yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s meeting with United Progressive Alliance (UPA) ally and Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar over the black money issue, saying there was nothing wrong in it.
“There is nothing wrong in it…Everybody is concerned about the black money issue,” Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi told NDTV channel.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh described it as a meeting between two businessmen.
“It was a meeting between two businessmen,” Singh told the same channel.
Talking to reporters after the meeting, Ramdev thanked Pawar for supporting his issue, while Pawar said there was no politics in the meeting as the yoga guru planned to meet leaders of other parties as well.
“There is no politics in the meeting…He is meeting leaders of other parties also,” Pawar said.
“I thank Pawarji for supporting the issue…This is not about UPA or the NDA (National Democratic Alliance),” said Ramdev.
The yoga guru wants the government to bring back the black money of Indians stashed in foreign banks.
- After NCP, RLD supports Ramdev on black money - Jun 07, 2012
- Rahul can be PM if he brings black money back: Ramdev - Jul 18, 2012
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev in Odisha to seek Patnaik's support - Jun 13, 2012
- Mulayam endorses Ramdev campaign on black money - Jun 12, 2012
- Ramdev ends fast with chants of 'Congress hatao', targets PM (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Ramdev ends fast, vows to fight corruption (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, targets PM; Congress hits back (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- BJP to meet president over crackdown on Ramdev - Jun 06, 2011
- BJP backs Ramdev's movement - Jun 04, 2012
- Sibal, Sahay meet Ramdev (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- BSP trying to suppress Ramdev's campaign: BJP - Jun 06, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011
- How come you never raised voice against BJP: Digvijay to Hazare - Oct 11, 2011
Tags: ally, black money, businessmen, chaturvedi, congress leader, digvijay singh, foreign banks, general secretary, indians, money issue, national democratic alliance, nationalist congress party, nda, ndtv, New Delhi, progressive alliance, sharad pawar, UPA, yoga guru