Congress does not react to CBI report on Maran’s roleJuly 6th, 2011 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) The Congress Wednesday refused to comment on the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) pointing the finger at union Minister Dayanidhi Maran’s role in disposing off applications for spectrum licence, saying it was a matter involving the investigating agency and the apex court.
“It is inter-se between the two institutions,” Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari said responding to questions on the report filed by CBI in the apex court.
The CBI, in its status report to the Supreme Court Wednesday, on the 2G scam has pointed the finger at Maran for sitting on Aircel’s application for a spectrum licence as a consequence of which it was sold to Malaysian company Maxis.
Though the report was presented in a sealed envelope, the references to Maran became clear during the reading of its extracts by senior counsel K.K. Venugopal, who appeared for the CBI. Maran held the telecom portfolio 2004-07.
There are allegations that Maxis Communication bought 74 percent stake in Aircel and the company was later allotted more circles to operate in.
- 2G scam: CBI points finger at Maran, seeks more time (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI points finger at Maran, seeks more time (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- Congress discusses Telangana, Maran - Jul 06, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI points finger at Maran, seeks time for probe - Jul 06, 2011
- Maran's position shaky, as CBI points finger (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- Decision on booking Maran by Sep 30, CBI tells apex court - Sep 28, 2011
- 'Explain turnaround on Dayanidhi Maran' (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- PM should drop Maran from cabinet: Jayalalithaa - Jul 06, 2011
- No Maran role in Aircel deal, CBI tells apex court (Lead) - Sep 01, 2011
- 2G claims another minister: Maran quits (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2011
- 'Explain turnaround on Dayanidhi Maran' - Apr 11, 2012
- 2G case: Maran brothers quizzed by CBI (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- Maran quits as minister after 2G scam involvement (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Was forced to sell Aircel stake, Sivasankaran tells CBI - Jun 06, 2011
- 2G case: Swamy gives apex court proof on Chidambaram's role (Lead) - Sep 21, 2011
Tags: aircel, allegations, apex, apex court, cbi report, central bureau of investigation, circles, consequence, dayanidhi maran, extracts, investigating agency, maxis, New Delhi, percent stake, pointing the finger, senior counsel, spectrum licence, spokesperson, union minister, venugopal