Congress creates uproar in Chhattisgarh assemblyMarch 26th, 2012 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, March 26 (IANS) Chhattisgarh’s opposition Congress raised slogans and created ruckus in the state assembly Monday over the recent custodial death of a youth and the gang-rape of a minor girl in state capital, Raipur.
The Congress that has 39 members in a 90-member house, slammed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) regime for the deteriorating law and order situation and pressed for discussion through an adjournment motion about the custodial death of a youth, Santosh Devangan last month and the gang-rape of a minor girl last week.
Speaker Dharamlal Kaushik rejected the opposition demand for a discussion on the issue through adjournment motion. This irked Congress members who raised slogans against the government and the speaker was forced to adjourn the house twice.
- Chhattisgarh assembly to take up no-trust motion Friday - Dec 15, 2011
- Chhattisgarh house paralysed over Dantewada rampage, minister blames Maoists - Mar 29, 2011
- Chhattisgarh government hauled up over CAG expose - Apr 04, 2012
- Congress walks out in Chhattisgarh house over girl's killing - Dec 23, 2011
- Opposition creates ruckus in Himachal assembly - Dec 20, 2011
- 38 opposition MLAs suspended in Chhattisgarh - Aug 29, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assembly stalled over 'dam sell-out' - Mar 03, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assembly adjourned amid protests - Dec 08, 2010
- Congress walks out of Chhattisgarh assembly on rising crime - Jan 14, 2010
- 29 Chhattisgarh legislators shown door for uproar (Lead) - Mar 12, 2010
- Opposition disrupts Tripura assembly over rape incident - Mar 22, 2012
- House panel to probe Chhattisgarh 'dam sale' - Mar 04, 2011
- Fierce debate as Chhattisgarh assembly discusses no-trust motion - Dec 16, 2011
- 36 Chhattisgarh legislators suspended for stalling assembly - Dec 07, 2010
- Chhattisgarh house pays homage to Arjun Singh - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,