Congress conspired to create terror, alleges CPI-MApril 28th, 2009 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 28 (IANS) The Communist Party of India-Marxist Tuesday accused the Congress of conspiring to “create terror” in the Kannur district of Kerala on the polling day April 16.
“The goons who arrived to create terror were arrested by the police as they came out of the Congress office in Kannur, which has a history of engaging in such activities,” CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan told reporters after the conclusion of a two-day meeting of the party here.
Raising suspicion about the visit of Leader of Opposition Oommen Chandy on the polling day to Kannur, Vijayan said: “All know the history of Congress candidate K. Sudhakaran, who contested from the Kannur seat. But all wish to know how come Chandy became a part of this. It is for him to explain it.”
Chandy arrived in North Kerala last week to visit the injured Congress workers who were attacked by the CPI-M activists.
“If that be the case, then we wish to know whom did he visit in Kozhikode and Vadakkara?” asked Vijayan.
“Vayalar Ravi, a federal cabinet minister, also played a role in this by getting in touch with district authorities and putting pressure on the officials after the goons were arrested. One can understand he speaking to the state home minister. He also played a role in this,” he said.
- CPI-M not involved in former leader's murder: Achuthanandan - May 07, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Chandy to be on day-long fast to protest CPI-M violence - May 02, 2009
- CPI-M demands case, probe against Congress MP - Jun 30, 2012
- Murder of ex-party colleague comes to haunt Kerala CPI-M (News Analysis) - May 20, 2012
- CPI-M covering up Kannur 'bomb' explosion: Vayalar Ravi - Apr 29, 2009
- Another Jesus row hits CPI-M - Feb 05, 2012
- Vijayan denies complaining against Achuthanandan - Aug 13, 2011
- Tension within the ranks haunt UDF and LDF too (Kerala Newsletter) - Aug 17, 2012
- Neyattinkara by-poll crucial for Kerala parties (Kerala Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
- CPI-M getting jittery over Kerala murder probe: Congress - May 21, 2012
- Chandy pats himself after one year, critics fume (One year of Oommen Chandy) - May 17, 2012
- Congress MP ready to be quizzed by police, CPI-M leaders not keen - Jul 02, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader nabbed for former colleague's murder - Jun 29, 2012
- No compromise in probe into Left leader's murder: Chandy - May 10, 2012
Tags: chandy, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress candidate, congress office, congress workers, district authorities, federal cabinet minister, goons, history of congress, home minister, kannur district, kozhikode, leader of opposition, north kerala, pinarayi vijayan, polling day, state secretary, thiruvananthapuram, vayalar ravi