Congress committee discusses Lok Sabha strategyFebruary 10th, 2009 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) The Congress’ Future Challenge Committee Tuesday discussed short-term and long-term strategy for Lok Sabha elections and ways to strengthen the party.
“The Future Challenge Committee met today and discussed the macro- and micro-level issues for the party. We have discussed short-term and long-term strategy for the party,” committee chair M. Veerappa Moily told reporters.
Moily said that preparing strategy for the Lok Sabha elections, slated for April-May, was the main concern for the short-term strategy while issues like dealing with communalism, terrorism, coalition politics and strengthening the party are the issues to be dealt under the long-term strategy.
He said the committee had submitted two reports on intra-party issues to the party leadership and discussion for the third report started Tuesday.
Congress general secretaries Rahul Gandhi, Digvijaya Singh and Salman Khurshid participated in the meeting.
- Prepare for 2014 general elections, Rahul tells Congressmen - Apr 05, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul's entry into government: PM (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Khurshid did not violate model code: Congress tells poll panel - Jan 20, 2012
- Hisar by-poll result Anna's defeat: Moily - Oct 17, 2011
- We want a grand alliance: Trinamool leader Partha Chatterjee - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress meets to chalk out Lokpal strategy (Lead) - Aug 27, 2011
- No problem between Sonia Gandhi, PM: Congress spokesman - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- All-party meeting called on Lokpal as Hazare targets Congress (Roundup) - Dec 11, 2011
- Parliament to discuss three versions of Lokpal bill Friday: Khurshid - Aug 25, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi appoints three drafting bodies for Burari AICC Plenary Session - Dec 10, 2010
- Khurshid's comments on Rahul are fodder for BJP, Left (Intro Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Congress now backs Khurshid's quota promise - Jan 14, 2012
- Rahul ready for 'pro-active' role, to be No 2 in party (Evening Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned sine die - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: challenge committee, coalition politics, committee chair, congress committee, digvijaya, lok sabha elections, micro level, New Delhi, party committee, party leadership, rahul gandhi, salman, secretaries, term strategy, terrorism, veerappa