Congress candidate in Madhya Pradesh arrestedApril 13th, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, April 13 (IANS) A Congress candidate in Madhya Pradesh was arrested Monday for organising an election meeting at a government building allegedly without seeking permission from the authorities in violation of the model code of conduct.
Former minister Bala Bachchan, who is contesting from the Khargone parliamentary constituency, was arrested in Khandwa district, divisional police officer Rajiv Kumar Mishra said.
“Bachchan has been booked for addressing a poll meeting at an anganwadi (child care) centre April 1 night without the prior permission of the administration.
“A case of poll code violation was registered against Bachchan,” Mishra said.
- Courts rejects BJP legislator's plea in Dikshit case - Apr 19, 2012
- Second phase of polls under way in Madhya Pradesh - Apr 30, 2009
- Congress legislator booked for holding unauthorised meet - Feb 12, 2011
- 'Clarify on withdrawal of case against Sheila Dikshit' - Mar 29, 2012
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh BJP candidate arrested for poll code violation - Apr 17, 2009
- Court rejects petition challenging minister's election - Dec 16, 2011
- Police orders arrest of actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha - Jan 23, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh BJP candidate arrested for flouting poll code, gets bail (Lead) - Apr 17, 2009
- Over 85 percent turnout in Bengal's peaceful phase two polling (Intro Roundup) - Apr 23, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh CM says no forced sterilizations - Feb 18, 2012
- Court to hear plea against Dikshit March 29 - Mar 06, 2012
- Bye-polls for 27 seats in eight states on June 12 - Apr 24, 2012
- Court allows withdrawal of case against Dikshit - May 09, 2012
- Bihar minister charged with violating poll code - Sep 16, 2010