Congress, BSP responsible for Bundelkhand farmers’ suicides: BJPMay 31st, 2011 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 31 (IANS) Blaming the Congress-led central government and Uttar Pradesh’s ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) for the farmers’ suicides in the state’s Bundelkhand region, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday alleged both were not serious on improving the farmers’ living standards.
“Be it the central government or the state government, neither of them is concerned about the plight of the farmers in Bundelkhand region… both of them just indulge in politics when it comes to raise the living standard of the farmers in Bundelkhand,” BJP vice president Kalraj Mishra said at a press conference here.
“Owing to lack of resources, farmers in the region are facing several hardships. They are not in a position to repay their loans, and are committing suicides. During my recent visit to the region, I learnt that in one month, around 9 farmers in the region committed suicide after failing to repay their loans,” he added.
Demanding that the entire loans of the farmers in the region be waived, Mishra said: “On the one hand, the central government claims issuing funds worth several crores for the Bundelkhand region, on the other hand, the state government declares it false… both the governments are ignoring the real issue of development of the region.”
- BJP to launch more marches against Uttar Pradesh land acquisition - Jun 12, 2011
- PM, Rahul slam Mayawati for poverty in Bundelkhand (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Congress, BSP playing games over Bundelkhand: BJP - Nov 09, 2011
- BJP promises farmers panel in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 09, 2011
- Mayawati neglecting Bundelkhand: PM, Rahul - May 01, 2011
- BSP, SP have tacit understanding with Congress: BJP - Nov 11, 2011
- Maya's olive branch to Congress on Uttarakhand - Mar 12, 2012
- UP farmers seek Big B's help to write off debts - May 16, 2012
- Mayawati siphoning development funds to BSP candidates: BJP - Oct 17, 2011
- UP gifts Rs.20 lakh to MLAs for cars, opposition protests - Jul 03, 2012
- BJP manifesto is against minority reservation; for Ram temple - Jan 27, 2012
- Nothing is going to change with Rahul's march: Uma Bharti - Jul 07, 2011
- Ruckus in Rajya Sabha over Bundelkhand package - Aug 18, 2011
- Drought-hit Karnataka waives interest on farm loans - Aug 23, 2012
- Banerjee admits debt-ridden farmers contemplate suicide - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, central government, committed suicide, congress, crores, farmers, government claims, governments, hardships, loans, lucknow, mishra, plight, state government, suicides, uttar pradesh, vice president